Chapter Forty-Six

The ground shook as the two Titans battled. Iris kept her distance, while Julius' Titan would continue with its aggressive attacks, his fists covered with its hardening ability, making it dangerous to be hit or grabbed by his hands. When given the opening, Iris would try to attach, but Julius would always block her attack.

Standing at the top of the Wall, Leon, Jean, and Armin watched as the battle happen. All thinking of a plan on how to defeat Julius, but as they watched, they found Julius to be too dangerous to attack with simple ODM Gear, and they didn't have any Thunder-Spears left to use on him.

"Fuck..." Leon said. "We weren't expecting this... Armin, you must've figured something out to defeat Julius."

"Can't you transform to a Titan and deal with him?" Jean said.

"If I do, then it would make things worst... you saw how dangerous it is when the Colossal Titan transforms... I could kill all of you if I do that – I could kill Iris." Armin said.

"Crap, where's Eren when you need him..." Jean said.

"Can't we do anything?!" Leon said.

"We can't." Armin said. "The only one who can is Eren... their battling in a plain terrane, we can't use our ODM Gear to get to Julius' Titan... if we do try, I'm pretty sure that he could kill us... he already killed the others... and I'm pretty sure that the only ones alive now are those standing here..."

Leon looked around and saw the faces that still stood: himself, Armin, Jean, Floch, Connie, and Sasha (who was on Connie's back), and five other recruits. The others were gone, killed by the blast or the fall from the Wall.

"Shit... then that means Iris is alone on this one..." Jean said.

"Jean." Leon spoke. "What do we do?"

Jean turned to him, eyes wide open, shocked to be asked such thing.

"Why the hell are you asking me?!"

"You said it yourself – you're the guy who improvises – while Armin thinks of something, what do you think we should do?!" Leon said.

The Wall suddenly shook.

"What the hell was that?!" Connie asked from where he stood with Sasha on his back.

"Oh no, it's Iris." Armin said.

Looking below, they saw Iris' Titan slammed to the Wall.

"IRIS!" Leon said, as he stared at Iris' recovering Titan.

"Shit... what do we do?" Jean said.

The sound of the Titan's screech had them cover their ears, they turned to Julius' Titan and saw him advancing towards them – towards Iris. He had armor around his fist and was about to punch her, seeing his plan, Iris got on her feet and tackled Julius to the ground, the fall made the ground shake. She had Julius locked in her legs and arms, keeping him from moving.

Shit... I have keep him from getting up... if he does... he'll just throw me around! Iris thought.

~*~

"THAT'S IT, IRIS, KEEP HIM TRAPPED!" Jean said.

They watched as Iris kept Julius on the ground, she would struggle every time he would lift her and slam her body on the ground. and worst was his armor that kept his nape and joints secured from being torn off by Iris.

"Jean, Leon, Armin!"

From the other side of the Wall, Hange, Levi, Eren and Mikasa came.

"Commander, Captain!" Leon went to them.