Ever After

A/N: This is it loves, the beginning of the end. I have to wrap up this story and move on to another story. I made a cover that is really giving me some inspiration, I'll post it at the end of the chapter. I can't wait to mark this story complete and move on, I love this story so much and I'm thankful for all the love you guys have given it! May we meet again.

3rd Person POV

"Lexa!" Clarke sat at the foot of the bed, watching as the brunette lay peacefully asleep. Her features were relaxed, her face completely void of the stress that always seemed to weigh her down.

"Commander!" Lexa squinted her eyes slightly as she nestled her face comfortably into the pillow. Her breathing was slow and steady, her lips parted slightly.

"Heda!" Lexa shot up as soon as the word left Clarke's lips. Her eyes flew open as she searched the room, an anxious and alerted look on her face.

"What's wrong? What is it?!" Lexa stared at Clarke in complete confusion. Her eyes trying to figure out what was wrong and how she was needed.

Clarke sat there staring back at Lexa as she burst out into laughter. "Your face!" Clarke struggled to suppress her laugh and get the words out. "Your face was priceless!" The blonde reached for Lexa's leg which was still under the blanket, she squeezed it gently.

"Clarke." Lexa rubbed her eyes, a slight annoyance lacing her tone. "Why did you wake me up?" When she looked back up at Clarke she wore a childlike grin that lit up her face. "Clarke?"

"Sexy Lexy." Clarke winked as a sheepish grin spread across her lips.

Lexa's eyes widened at the new nickname, her face scrunching up as she hid her face in the blankets. A mumble escaped the sheets she held over her face, "Clarke you can't call me that."

Clarke leaned forward and pulled the blankets off of Lexa completely. "Why not." Clarke placed a kiss on Lexa's forehead as she straddled her hips. "You were sexy Lexy last night."

Lexa groaned as she rolled Clarke off of her so she was now laying on her back at her side. "Fine, but don't let anyone hear you call me that." The brunette smirked against the exposed skin on Clarke's neck, "Ever."

"Okay sexy Lexy....you have my word." Clarke jumped out of the bed and pulled the rest of the blankets off of Lexa. "Get up!"

Lexa groaned as she brought her hands to her face, "Why such a rush Clarke." A smile curled the corners of her lips. "I'm wore out from last night."

"Too bad, get up." Clarke tugged on her arm as she slid out of the bed.

Lexa stood up and pulled Clarke into her, wrapping her arms around the blonde. Skin against skin as the two embraced. "I never want to leave this place." Lexa sighed into the crook of Clarke's neck.

"I know." Clarke held on tighter to Lexa, not wanting the moment to end or the realization that they would have to leave set in.

"I get you all to myself here." Lexa pulled back slightly so she could look into Clarke's eyes. "I don't owe anything to my people here...and neither do you."

"Lexa...."

"Clarke." Lexa did not attempt to hide any emotions on her face. She was beautifully vulnerable and Clarke loved the openness on her face. "One day we will live here, just the two of us." Clarke nestled her face against Lexa's chest. "One day we will owe nothing more to our people."

Lexa felt a small tear roll down her cheek. She knew Clarke couldn't see it but she struggled to keep her voice from betraying her. "Don't we deserve that?" Her voice broke as the words left her lips and she knew Clarke could feel her sorrow when she held on tighter and pressed their bodies impossibly closer.