Chapter 37

After I and Alexander danced, I began feeling a bit tired. I hardly ever went to the balls, so it was hard to get used to it.

Luckily, it was time for Queen Cordelia to say her greeting. The music went quiet and everyone looked at the balcony and waited for the Queen to come out.

She didn't let her guests wait, so after a few seconds she came out with her second rank husbands from the balcony to say her piece.

"Welcome my dear guests to my Annual Royal Ball, where we announce this year's Lady of the Ravendale." She spoke with joy.

She and her husbands were good at keeping the same expressions.

"This year we have more interesting candidates..." She spoke about each candidate's achievement and lastly, she mentioned me.

"The start of the new year debuted with Duchess Annabelle of House Amethyst and Topaz. She managed to win over the public using her intellect, but lately, I found she is working on a project that can raise Ravendale's medicine to a new level, by opening a clinic that uses Etrian technologies in Mountainville." The people were impressed by the new information and clapped.

I was wondering how she found out about my goal, but I guess it doesn't matter since I got a good advertisement for my clinic.

My clinic is already open and working. In June I plan to make an official grand opening and give a tour to my clinic and resort. Also, I plan to ask Alyssa to write an article about staying at my resort, so I could attract more people.

"I wish good luck to our candidates, in the next two hours we will finally know who will become our next Lady of the Ravendale."

Everyone clapped and musicians resumed playing their music. While I and Alexander returned to the lounge area.

Meanwhile, the Queen and her husbands returned to the Queen's study.

"Shouldn't you be in the ballroom, enjoying the ball?" her husband asked.

" I will be, just Arthur wanted to talk to me about something," Cordelia informed her husbands, but when she mentioned Prince Arthur their mood changed.

" What does this brat want?" another twin asked her. Cordelia stopped and turned to her husbands.

"What do you mean 'this brat' ?" Cordelia angrily asked them.

" 'This 'brat' is your son, your biological son!" She told them.

" What is wrong with doing my role as a mother listening to her child?" She asked her husbands.

After the disappearance of her first husband, led her to have an early birth. Her first husband had a lot of duties as a true King, she had to take his responsibilities, so she became busier and her secondary husband was also busy helping her. This led her to miss her son's childhood, because of that the Queen felt guilty.

"Nothing wrong with you doing your role as his mother, it's just he often likes to take advantage of you." One of her husbands said and his twin agreed with him.

Cordelia decided not to send her son to the disciplinary school for boys, because she already neglected her son's childhood and she thought sending him to every boy's nightmare will worsen her relationship with her son. Her husbands disapproved of her decision, but they couldn't convince her otherwise. Thus, they became more and more disappointed with their son.

"I believe he wouldn't do such a thing," Cordelia told them and headed to her study.

Cordelia entered her study and saw her son already here waiting for her. Her husbands also entered her study room.

"What did you want to talk about with me, my dear son? " Cordelia sweetly asked her son.

"Mother, what would you think, if I were to marry Duchess Annabelle?" his son asked.

"You are talking about Duchess Annabelle of House Amethyst and Blue Topaz?" Cordelia asked.

"Yes, mother."

Cordelia was happy that her son was mature enough to want to marry. Even though Annabelle is already married, it's still not a problem for her son to take the title of her first husband, while her husband takes the second husband title.

"I think she is not a bad candidate, if you like her, you should go for it," Cordelia answered with a smile.

Although Arthur was happy that he could make his mother happy and gain her approval, his father's decision ruined his mood.

"Unfortunately, it will be hard to marry her." One of his fathers said.

"Just think about it. Why would Dukes marry a Countess from the countryside?" He started explaining.

"Unless they want to sign a contract that would guarantee their title as the first husband and have the power to decide about her next husband. They would have power over marriage, while she would be guaranteed a luxurious life." Her husband explained.

"Why else do they look calm next to Duchess Annabelle?" Her other husband finished the sentence.

"Where did you get that idea from?" Cordelia asked, and she was surprised to hear such analysis.

"Don't you remember? We have a Master's degree in Psychology." They said simultaneously.

They were always good at reading people, it was one of their trump cards. Back then they were the most sought-after bachelors, they knew how to seduce women.

When I married my first husband, the Queen assigned them as my assistants, so they would help learn how to do my Princess's duties and eventually the Queen's duties.

Back then, I was only nineteen at that time and naïve. At first, there was nothing unusual. We would talk like friends.

When a young woman marries her first husband, they would always try to stay loyal to them. That is what I did, but my first husband would either be too busy or on an expedition.

I would always feel lonely.

Then out of the blue, the Queen granted my marriage to them. I didn't even notice they became more caring and more attentive to my needs until I was granted, my second husbands.

Nevertheless, they are still good husbands.

Cordelia snapped from her thoughts.

"If that is the truth, then it indeed will be difficult for you to marry her. We don't need another rival, especially Amethyst." Cordelia concluded.

"Now I should go back to the ballroom."

Cordelia turns and goes to the ballroom.

Arthur glared at his fathers.

He will prove them tonight.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is the new chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter :)

What do you think about Cordelia and her twin husbands?

What do you think overall about the Royal family?

I woyld like to her your opinions.

Don't forget to vote and comment and I will see you next time.  ^-^