Chapter 59

"That came out better than I thought," Adrain hummed while I pushed his stool with my foot making him wabble while Jay paced. "What are you doing?"

       "Aw, my uncle says it's best to cover them after so they can heal with the strongest result," I muttered not sure why it had to be 'with a waxy paper'.

        "You're telling me, you actually asked for permission? And got it?"

       "Oh gods no, I'm not insane, my mother would have torn me to shreds, I just asked my uncle and said it was for research I was doing in healing potions,"

        "You really don't look like you could get away with lying," Glancing at him, mildly insulted, I raised a brow.

        "I grew up with my cousin, who was raised as a brother, do you think I didn't learn how to lie to get myself out of trouble? You clearly have no siblings. It was a battlefield when we were little, whoever could lie better survived and I was a quiet kid that only ever read, who do you think they believed?"

       "Okay, point taken, but that's a little cruel, throwing him to the wolves when he didn't do anything," Raising a brow I realized just how right I was. He didn't have siblings, that was obvious.

        "Do you think he didn't do the same to me? If he knew he could get away with it, I was the one in trouble," I chuckled at how petty we got. "It's actually one of the reasons I didn't have too many issues with my class, I was already used to running and hiding without being noticed so it wasn't really a problem. Though, I'm not the best with picking locks and surprise attacks didn't come natural,"

        "Right... You're a rogue, didn't know that, surprising considering it should be obvious with the way you do things," He hummed, Jay bolting while we glanced at him, probably going to get Alex. Oof... Didn't feel like getting scolded from that mountain. "Your cousin, Felix or whatever, what school does he go too?"

        "Aw, he chose to go to Oak because it was closer to home,"

        "He's a rogue too?" He asked surprised while I paused in my collecting of my stuff.

        "Yeah, he got it from my aunt, mom's side never really had combat types but my aunt made sure no one thought that meant they were weak, they had her," I muttered never having really known her. 

        "Oh man, I made it awkward, well, let's pretend I didn't do that and run because I can already see Alex barreling down that hill," Glancing out the window I found he was right and slide my stuff in my bag.

        "He's too close to the door," I grinned while he paled with a groan. 

        "But I'm not stealthy!"

        "Better take the window then," I snickered climbing the table and jumping, my fingers getting hold of the frame as I pulled myself up and watched as he scrambled out the window hardly big enough for him. Hiding in the rafters as he fell out, just before the door was thrown open.

        "Oh those little-!" Huffing and puffing he went right up to the window and stuck his head out. "I CAN SEE YOU ADRIAN!" I heard a squeal before the thumping of feet as he didn't even try to climb out the window, knowing he wouldn't fit.

     Silently watching as he left I let out a breath with a moan of pain as my stomach throbbed wildly. Sighing I grumbled while I dropped out of my hiding place, my hands catching the rafters as I went to drop but the door was thrown open with a pissed Alex dragging a struggling Adrain. We stared at each other for a moment before I was pulling myself back up and tried to pretend he didn't just see me.

        "No no no! You get down here!" He snapped while I glanced around the corner a the sound of something being dragged over. He was moving the table. The table that now has a chair on it. Okay. I didn't feel like dying. Silently moving further down I swung down, my foot finding the top of the open door as I glanced back at him while he climbing the chair.

      Grabbing the top of the door I was crouching on I dropped my legs over the edge, letting go quickly I bolted out of the lab without any hesitation or mercy for the one that had been captured. 

       "Lilith!" Oh, you traitor. Glaring at Jay as I didn't even slow down I heard a crash and a shout, Alex sprinting after me without having to think about it. Nope. Not dying today. Slamming my feet into the ground I took a sharp turn and ran straight into the building. 

        I'll have to tire him out. That is the only way I'll survive.