Chapter 60

"No matter how logical it sounds, you tattooed yourself while being underage," He scolded, my escape had succeeded but I didn't think he'd hold onto it for as long as he has. It's been a month of constant scolding as he hasn't dropped it for a second. 

       "I heard you the first thousand times," I sighed as my mother whacked the back of my head making me hiss and glare at the woman who just raised a 'try me' brow. Sighing in defeat as I couldn't deal with them both I grumbled to myself while Adrain and Jay completely stayed out of it. Getting dressed up in their own little corners pretending I didn't exist.

       "You are so lucky you're going out in public missy! I'd of beaten you black and blue if I could!" Rolling my eyes at the empty threat I hissed as she pulled my hair tighter than she had to. "Don't you roll your eyes at me!"

        "Sorry! Sweet cheese and crackles! I'll go bald woman!" She huffed as she loosed her grip and made a nice and loose braid.

       "I'll skin you the next time you do something so stupid," I don't doubt that. More my spirit than skin but I don't think that's much better. "Now you better make us proud baby," She kissed the top of my head while I nodded softly and gave her a small smile.

        "Of course," With a big sigh, she kissed my head again and gave me a hug. Looking as nervous as I felt. Leaving she lingered in the doorway for a moment before my friends suddenly despited I existed.

       "We're teaming up, right? Because I'll die if we don't and you wouldn't do that to your bro would you?" Jay asked half panicking while I chuckled brushing off my dress.

         "He's right, he will," Adrain said looking through the basket my mom brought with her to help me get ready for the ball beforehand. "Just drop dead in horror," He hummed bitting into an apple.

        "Yes, we'll team up when we can Jay, you don't need to worry," Alex narrowed his eyes at me, his arms still crossed over his chest.

       "I'm more worried you'll do something reckless and die on your own, I know what you put on your stomach, that takes a lot of juice to power," Opening the bag I was going to bring out with me I pulled out empty gallons that held a red hue and a bit of blood.

      "I'm not an idiot, I already charged it, I just need to activate it,"

      "By stabbing it?" Narrowing my eyes at him while he didn't budge I huffed.

      "No, I had the proper time to make the actual holy circle, all I need to do is drink this," Raising the small vial of blood I rolled my eyes, "or rub it on the circle, either works really, blood magic is rather flexible so-"

        "Wait wait wait, are you telling me you drank, what is this? Four gallons? You drank four gallons of blood?" I gave Adrain a flat look while he eyed the gallons.

        "No, I bathed in it, don't make this weird,"

       "Because that's not weird," He scoffed while I opened my mouth before closing it. That was fair. "Whose blood is it anyway?" 

        "Mine, I've been collecting it since the first time I summoned that blasted thing," He pulled a face while he looked at it. 

    "And I filled a tub," His disgusted turned to horror as I looked away from him.

     "That would take-"

     "A long time? I know, it was like eighty gallons and absolutely disgusting but now it's got a few charges on it and I've already burned the memory, so, I can summon up it up to 160 times or-"

      "Wait, seriously? That's a crap ton-"

     "Stop interrupting me," I growled, "As I was saying, or, I can summon about four holy beasts at once, it depends on the tasks I give so that estimate can be very very wrong. Last time it was about two liters but it was a rather simple task so, if I were to summon it and order something like destroy the empire, I doubt that would have been enough,"

      "Well, at least I know you have already bathed in blood," I punched his shoulder with a scowl as he wasn't taking it seriously. 

       "So you aren't going to do anything stupid?" Alex asked while I paused my assault on Adrian's arm.

      "I've made a few plans, no stupid decisions will be made unless absolutely necessary,"

      "You should just say you got this," Jay sighed while I cracked a grin.

      "And here I thought that was obvious,"