21 ; moste potente potions ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 2 : CHAPTER 21

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Since the disastrous episode of the pixies, Professor Lockhart had not brought live creatures to class. Instead, he read passages from his books to them, and sometimes reenacted some of the more dramatic bits. He usually picked Harry to help him with these reconstructions, but it wasn't like anyone actually wanted to reenact the scenes – even those who like Lockhart (which wasn't much).

Harry had been hauled to the front of the class during their very next Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, this time acting a werewolf. Y/N supposed if Harry hadn't had a very good reason for keeping Lockhart in a good mood, then he would have refused to do it.

"Nice loud howl, Harry – exactly – and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced – like this – slammed him to the floor – thus – with one hand, I managed to hold him down – with my other, I put my wand to his throat – I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm – he let out a piteous moan – go on, Harry – high than that – good – the fur vanished – the fangs shrank – and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective – and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

The bell rang and Lockhart got to his feet.

"Homework – compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!"

The class began to leave – Theodore, Blaise, Daphne, and Y/N with them. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were to get the note signed, as to not seem too suspicious. The four of them hurried to Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom and Myrtle herself was wailing noisily in her stall, but they were ignoring her, and she them.

Daphne immediately started on her poem and Y/N scoffed.

"A poem, honestly," said Y/N in disbelief. "What is this, English class? I'm not doing that."

"Well who's gonna do it if you're not?" said Daphne, drawing hearts.

"A gullible first-year, obviously," said Y/N, as if it were obvious. "I'll just pay one to do it for me."

"Y/N!" cried Daphne.

Y/N shrugged and pried open her Herbology book to take notes for her upcoming test. Five minutes later, Harry, Ron, and Hermione came running into the bathroom, and Y/N and Daphne put their stuff away.

Hermione opened Moste Potente Potions carefully, and the seven of them bent over the damp-spotted pages. It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the Restricted Section. Some of the potions had effects almost too gruesome to think about, and there were some very unpleasant illustrations, which included a man who seemed to have been turned inside out and a witch sprouting several extra pairs of arms out of her head.