24

Christmas and the New Year had come and gone, leaving many memories to cherish. Alex's birthday followed shortly after and resulted in only a handful of guests remembering the night as everyone else, including the host himself, were too drunk to recall anything after eight o'clock.

With the holidays over and the month of February rapidly approaching, it was time for the Arctic Monkeys to pack up and get ready for the next leg of their tour. The much needed break made them miss touring so each of the band members were beyond excited to be back on the road. On top of that, the release of their new single "R U Mine?" was going to be released within a matter of days along with a music video following shortly after. They'd filmed it in January and it was currently in the processes of editing.

As always, Rosanna loved their single when Alex played it for her, this time, even more than she'd loved a song he'd played her in a long time. Alex had kept the song a secret from her, the first time she knew it was the day he played the demo for her and then immediately asked her if she'd like to be in the music video for it.

"Me?" Rosanna asked.

"No the wall behind you," Alex said sarcastically. "Yes you Rosanna. They asked me if I knew any girls that would wanna be in it. They offered to hire models but I told em i wanted you in it instead."

"Well aren't you kind?" Rosanna teased. "Yes I'd love to be in it."

And with that, she was. The music video was to be shot in one single take which made things fairly difficult but they managed to pull it off. Jamie couldn't make the shoot because he was with Katie visiting her family so instead they had him record something and play it on a television screen so he was at least included.

Alex was dressed in his usual jeans and black shirt, with his hair having been just cut and slicked back into his iconic quiff. He of course accessorised with a pair of jet black aviator shades despite the fact that they were shooting at night.

"Ay Matt?" Alex asked, walking over to him in the empty parking lot they were shooting in. He had a cigarette hanging from his teeth, leaving a trail of smoke behind him and mixing into the second of his cologne. "'ave ya seen Rosanna?"

"Yeah she's gettin' changed," Matt said. "Shouldn't be too long we're shooting in about ten minutes."

The music video was going to be shot in black and white and the majority of it would be filmed inside a black hulking car with Alex, Matt and a hidden camera man in the back seat to be filming the entire thing hand-held. Alex hadn't the slightest clue on what exactly Rosanna was going to be wearing, all he knew was that she and Nick's friend Kelly were going to be dressed as "silver-lining lone rangers"; taking the photo of Rosanna in the mask and cowboy hat from that one New Years as inspiration.

  He almost dropped his smoke when he laid eyes on her. She was dressed in black knee high cowgirl boots, short denim shorts and a silver silk long sleeve top that she hand rolled up to just below her elbows. Her lips were painted with a dark lipgloss that made them look plumper than usual and her chocolate brown eyes were covered by a simple black mask that made her look mysterious and sexy at the same time. Upon her head sat a black cowboy hat and from it her dark brown hair extended out and down her shoulders.

  "You look...fantastic," Alex said, trying to contain himself.

  "Don't look to bad yourself," Rosanna smirked.

  Alex felt so intimidated and intrigued by her in that outfit. She looked so mysterious behind that mask, he almost forgot he knew her. The first thing that came to his head, his song "Dangerous Animals".

  Rosanna was equally trying her best not to salivate over the way her best friend was looking. He always looked so good when he wore sunglasses. His smile made her stomach do backflips. She cursed at herself. Stop staring!