chapter three

The green eyed girl walked to the office with ease. People staring at her. A girl scoffing at her with a group behind her, head girl Yeah-yeah thought. Ignoring her she made her way to the office.

She opened the office door slowly to see if someone was at the front desk. "Hi sweetie, how can I help you?" Yeah-yeah cringed internally at her extremely nice voice.

"I need my schedule" Yeah-yeah said politely. "Name please" the older woman said looking up fron her computer. "Morgan, Morgan Mayfield" she stated hesitantly.

The older woman typed the strawberry blonde's name into the computer. She clicked onto the young girl's file and printing her schedule out. "Here you go darling" she said handing the girl her schedule.

Yeah-yeah grabbed it and nodded as a thank you. She turned on her heel going to the door. She saw a few boys out of the corner of her eye. She quickly brushed it off.

The group of eight boys (Tommy is in fourth grade) flung back behind the wall. Scotty gave a hesitant look back to the girl. "She's gone" Scotty said looking back at the group.

"Who's "she" " Yeah-yeah said, him not knowing what was happening because no one told him. "Morgan" Benny said sighing.

"Yeah-yeah, the red head?" Yeah-yeah said looking back at Benny. The taller boy nodded. "We need to head to class" Benny stated looking at the other kids leaving to go to their classes. Benny, Yeah-yeah, and Squints headed to their first class, gym.

"I hate gym class" Squints groaned. The three boys entered the boys locker room. The students changed into their gym uniform. The uniform was red with "San Fernando Valley" in black letters with "Physical Education" under it with smaller black letters. The shorts were black.

"Okay kids today we're doing sports" the majority of the kids groaned

"Okay kids today we're doing sports" the majority of the kids groaned. "First we have football, then volleyball, baseball, basketball, cheer, and lastly soccer" the teacher said. Of course Yeah-yeah had chosen Baseball because it was her go to. The boys had chosen baseball also.

The strawberry blonde fixed her shorts that she was wearing. She slowly got up and went to the baseball line. A few kids would get cut off if it had more than thirty kids in a sport. The baseball line had fifty kids. The majority was there because they wanted to know the new girl.

She watched as the others were cut off. The young Mayfield and the sandlot boys were ones that had stayed.

"What are you doing here sweetcheeks" her teacher Mr. Bernard told her with a smirk. The strawberry blonde cringed as he said that. The girl gave him a disgusted look "Sitting" she said sarcastically.

Yeah-yeah stared at the strawberry blonde with his mouth open. No one ever talked back to his weird sexist remarks. The older man scoffed and walked away.

The girl wondered why it was weird for her to be there. She looked around in the line and noticed she was the only girl.

"Alright, lets go" Mr. Bernard said. The line of kids walked to the baseball field outside. The girl had noticed that Benny had gone to get the bat. Yeah-yeah had helped by grabbing gloves and two baseballs.

She went over to Yeah-yeah whom was struggling to carry all the gloves. "Do you need help?" she asked. "Yeah-yeah, thanks" he said as the girl grabbed half of the gloves.

"No problem" the girl said gving him a small smile. "So, what brings you here" this confused the girl. "What?" she said, "What brings you here to San Fernando Valley" the boy explained.

The young girl stopped for a moment not wanting to tell him why. She just shrugged. The boy dropped it.

"The girl at the Sandlot. Was she your sister?" he asked trying to keep the conversation going. "Yeah, she's a handful. Her name's Jessica or Jess for short" the strawberry blonde said grinning.

"What about you? Do you have any siblings" the boy nodded "His name's Finn". The strawberry blonde looked at the boy beside her.

As the kids pilled out of the gym Yeah-yeah walked over to the strawberry blonde

As the kids pilled out of the gym Yeah-yeah walked over to the strawberry blonde. "Hey, red-head!" he yelled feeling uncomfortable with using "Yeah-yeah".

The girl turned around rather annoyed. "It's not red, it's strawberry blonde" the girl corrected. "Oh sorry" he said looking at her with a confused look.

The girl just shook her head laughing when seeing his confused face. "So what's up" the young girl said gazing at the boy. "Nothing, but what class do you have next?"Yeah-yeah questioned.

"Math" was what came out of her mouth. "Oh me too!" the dirty blonde said excitedly. The girl looked forward again. "Can you show me where it is" Morgan said shyly.

A faint blush appearing on her face. The boy nodded grabbing her hand pulling her through the crowd of adolescent middle schoolers.

As they reached the door that read "Ms. Marshall". The boy opened the door entering with the strawberry blonde following behind.

The dirty blonde walked into the class as did the strawberry blonde. Yeah-yeah walked to his seat without a second thought. The green eyed girl wanted to do the same.

"Ah the new student" the teacher said. "Squints" she said motioning to the boy to do his thing, making a drumroll with his hands. "Morgan Mayfield! Coming all the way from Queens, New York" she said in a game show host voice.

"Kids do you have any questions for your new peer" Ms. Marshall said. A kid shot his hand up "Why are you here, meaning at this time of the year" a boy she didn't recognize said. "Family matter and my dad really cares for me and my sister's education" Yeah-yeah said giving an awkward smile.

"You can sit down now," Ms. Marshall motioned for her to sit. "You can sit next to Mike, Mike raise your hand" Mike (Squints) raised his hand.

The green eyed girl sat to the left of the the boy. Soon the teacher began the lesson.