{ 15. } Joyride

C h a p t e r 15JOYRIDE

C h a p t e r 15
JOYRIDE

"JUST REMEMBER, MAX," Tulip spoke up from the backseat of the Camaro as she held Steve's head carefully in her lap

"JUST REMEMBER, MAX," Tulip spoke up from the backseat of the Camaro as she held Steve's head carefully in her lap. "Ten and two."

Max nodded at Tulip's reminder, glad that the girl wasn't freaking out over Max's driving, "Right," she breathed out, looking up at her review mirror to glance back at Tulip. "Got it."

In all honesty, Tulip was more worried about Steve and how he was doing then who was driving Billy's car. Though she had agreed to drive back after the kids and her went through with their plan to destroy the hub. She'd never driven a fast car like Billy's and boy did she want to.

Lucas sat up front with Max, giving her directions to where the hub was while Tulip, Dustin, and Mike sat in the back with Steve sprawled across their laps. Tulip had gotten lucky and the boys let her have Steve's upper body rest in her lap. Dustin had Steve's butt situated on his legs, something he didn't let any of the others forget, and Mike had Steve's legs and feet laying awkwardly along his own lap.

Mike also held a can of gasoline in his hands, so it was safe to say the backseat was pretty cramped.

"Ugh... Nancy?"

Tulip quickly glanced down to where Steve was staring up at Mike with a confused look, his poor, bloodied face looking even worse now than before. Tulip continued to brush his messy hair back as Mike gave Steve a weird look, obviously wondering if Steve had gotten any brain damage from the fight.

Steve groaned again, wincing as he rose his hand to poke at his aching face. Tulip moved to grab his hand, but Dustin reached Steve first.

"No, don't touch it," Dustin told Steve softly, tapping his hand away.

Steve tilted his head back to look up at Dustin, his cute rainbow bandaid catching Tulip's eyes as he did so. Dustin had insisted that the bandaid would help with one of Steve's cuts, but Tulip knew he just wanted to see Steve Harrington with a rainbow bandaid on his face.