11

NAMJOON POV : Before the Burning

I dropped her off at her house and she told me to at least give her about 30 minutes before she would be over. I told her to take her time and that I would get the fire ready. I went into the house through the garage being sure not to be too loud, and as I made my way through our kitchen I heard Jin speaking making me stop in my tracks.

"I am really glad Namjoon asked Noona to hang out today." he said.

"I am too." Tae replied. "Namjoon works too much and he really needs to get out more. I think you welcoming us to your group of friends is going to be good for him, you were very kind to do that."

"Well I had ulterior motives." He chuckled. I heard the soft smack of lips parting and then Tae continued.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"There seems to be something going on with her. She's happy one moment and then the next its like she forgot she was supposed to be sad. I don't want to assume but..."

"No...you're not assuming anything. She is...healing."

"Healing? Healing from what?"

I heard Jin let out a sigh and I moved slowly so they wouldn't notice my presence so I could hear them clearer.

"Have you ever had your heart broken?" He asked Taehyung.

He scoffed. "Of course."

"No...no..." Jin's tone was more serious...deeper. "I mean...your heart broken so badly that you don't even have all the pieces left to even try to mend it."

"ummm...No I cant say that I have."

"Well she has." he said.

When I heard that I felt my heart clench and my heart strings tighten.

"How?" Tae asked in his soft concerned voice.

"You have to swear that if I tell you, you wont tell anyone, and you wont treat her any differently as if she's some fragile thing."

"I promises, I am not that kind of person."

I heard Jin sigh again before taking a deep breath. "Noona was previously engaged." he started making my heart drop into my stomach. I didn't like that at all, and I was starting to realize why.

"What?" Tae gasped a little shocked at the information.

"Yep. Not only that but she was a different person entirely. Right now she's very reserved and quiet. She doesn't socialize often, which is why I was so ecstatic that your brother reached out to her."

"She does seem a little quite but that isn't a bad thing."

"Normally no, but what that...god, that fucking cunt did to her completely broke her. Her heart wasn't the only thing that broke, her entire soul and person shattered into someone I couldn't recognize."

"What did he do?"

"Lee Jayhyung was charming, and playful and said all the right things. He and Noona started dating about a year before she was out of law school. He was literally the perfect boyfriend. They rarely fought, and when they did he never hit her, never called her horrible names, never said things to bring her down as a person, they just talked out their problems. I honestly had never seen her happier."

"I already don't like where this is going." Taehyung commented making Jin scoff.

"Well I liked him...for the most part. I always had a bad feeling about him but I never really had a reason to not like him so I ignored the feeling. He had this friend who he had known when he was younger and they only texted back and forth. She was really nice and Noona even talked to her a few times and nothing really seemed off about it. They were just friends and he told us she didn't even live on this side of the country."