12

That was the first night I felt as if I was relieved of any pain I had been holding in. Namjoon kept hold of me so tightly for so long, I thought his arms would be sore. Eventually the tears stopped and I lifted my head and he loosened his grip but only a little to let me look at him.

"Do you feel any better?" He asked searching my eyes.

I don't know what came over me, but when my eyes dropped to his plump, pink lips a sudden urge to kiss him took over my sanity. I leaned in pressing my lips against his, and my heart bloomed at the contact.

I think I took him by surprise because he didn't move a muscle. and I started to regret it. I pulled back and looked down at my hands in front of me. "I'm so sorry." I mumbled. "I just..."

But before I could finish my sentence, he took hold of my chin and pulled me to face him. In a quick motion he pressed his lips against mine in a soft kiss. It wasn't lust filled, and he was more gentle than I was.

But it felt so good.

Oh it felt so good.

His hand moved from my chin and up my jaw until he had a firm grip on the side of my head, his fingers curled behind my ear. He moved his mouth slowly, and I moved with his falling into a perfect rhythm. With one hand on my face, and the other one flat against my back, I felt so secure in his hold. I moved my hands so that my palms pressed against his chest. I felt his heard beating erratically, and for a moment I was worried. But then he tilted his head deepening the kiss, his tongue caressing my bottom lip. I moved my arms so they were wrapped around his neck and pressed myself as close to him as possible.

Slowly, the pain I had been crying about slowly left my body, and my mind, and was replaced with the thrilling feeling of this man kissing me. I opened up my mouth just barley, and he pressed his tongue to curl onto my own making my inside tighten, and my breathing quicken.

I never felt like this before.

I never felt the need to kiss someone so badly that it hurt.

What is that?

One of my hands moved to cup his jaw, feeling its sharp shape under my fingers, and the muscles of his jaw move. With one more flick of my tongue I felt him suck in a deep breath through his nose and our lips slowed down their movements. Finally, after a light peck or two, our lips parted. I still had hold of the roots of his hair, and his hand still held me in place with his fingers curled behind his ear.

I opened my eyes to see his closed, and I was worried I pushed him too far. "I'm sorry." I whispered, the feeling in my gut making me sick. "I don't know what came over me."

His eyes opened and he searched mine not letting me move an inch. "Why are you sorry?" he asked.

"I didn't mean...I just...I don't know where that came from."

"Passion." He answered.

"What?"

"You succumbed to a surge of passion and acted on it. There is no reason to be sorry."

"I've never felt that before." I admitted keeping my eyes locked with his.

His eye brows furrowed together. "Felt what?"

"Passion." I answered. "If that's what you say that was."

His eyes hardened and his jaw clenched but he still didn't loosen his grip on me. It didn't hurt, he just kept me close.

"No one...no man...has shown you what passion feels like?" he asked. I softly shook my head afraid to speak as I didn't trust my voice. The way he was looking at me didn't frighten me, but it was so intense I didn't want to ruin the moment. He moved just slightly, so that our foreheads were pressed against each other. I closed my eyes at the gesture, and enjoyed the moment while it lasted. "I"ll show you." he finally said making me open my eyes wide.

"What?"

His emotion was clear of his determination. I don't think a man has ever looked at me in such a way, and I waited for him to speak again. "I will show you what it feels like to have passion in your life." I swallowed thickly. "You deserve to know."

I nodded and pulled a little from his hold and he let me go easily. "I um...is the fire ready for this?" I asked as I slid off his lap and took hold of the painting I never wanted to see ever again.

He nodded and I turned around and without any hesitation tossed the canvas into the fire. I felt Namjoon standing next to me, his hands deep in his pockets.

"Are you going to tell me what it meant?"

"The antlers represented adulthood, while the roots represented childhood. When I met Jay, I felt as if I had just learned what it meant to be an adult. I had had boyfriends before, but he was different. He treated me differently. I thought he loved me." I whispered out as I felt another tear fall. "I thought I grew into the person I was because of him."

"But you never felt any passion?" he asked me not looking at me.

"I never felt that." I emphasized. "I never felt the absolute need to have his lips on mine. Not like that. Ever."

"Why did you feel that way about me?" he asked.

We stood there watching the canvas burn, and I took my time thinking about the answer. I decided to go with honesty. "I don't know." I answered. "Maybe there is something about you that is comforting. I'm sorry that I threw that on you..."

"I'm not." he said quickly, interrupting my sentence. I turned over to him and he was already looking at me. "I'm not sorry." He held out his hand to me and I looked at it then back to his face with a raised eye brow. "I know you don't know me very well, but allow me to prove to you that I'm not like him. I want to show you what passion feels like."

"What about the fire?" I asked suddenly nervous by the thought of his offer.

"It will go out on its own. There is an automatic sprinkler that will go off in about an hour unless I turn it off."

I looked back down to his hand again, and though there was a part of me screaming to run away, that he was no different than any other man, there was an even bigger part of me telling me to trust him. I looked into his eyes, and he was patient as I thought about my next move. I decided that I had spent way too much time hiding from pain. So I put my hand in his, and watched as the most incredible smile I had ever seen spread across his face. Dimples deep, and eyes sparkling, he pulled my hand up to his lips so he could kiss the back of it.

"Thank you for trusting me." He let our hands fall again lacing our fingers together as he did. "My house or yours?"

"F-for what?"

"Not that." he said shaking his head. "But I need to know where you will be most comfortable."

"Um...my house."

"Then let's go." he pulled me from his back yard to his front, crossing the street and up my drive way. He didn't hesitate to push my front door open, not bothering to take of his shoes as he dragged me into the living room.

When he got to the love seat in the corner he sat down, and took hold of my hips pulling me to straddle his lap. I let out a small 'yelp' and my eyes went wide at the position we were in.

"What are we doing?"

"You..." he began, as he slipped off both of my sandles as well as his. "...are just going to feel."

"What?"

"You are going to close your eyes, and clear your mind, and you are going to let me touch you."

"WHAT!?"

He chuckled. "I won't touch you anywhere inappropriate. I promise. Please...trust me?"

I looked at him long and hard, his fingers drawing circles on my lower back, and my fingers playing with the collar of his shirt. I swallowed thickly before finally nodding, earning myself another smile from him, dimples and all.

"Now," he whispered. "close your eyes."