She Did What?!

-JOSH-

    I pulled away from Ria as soon as I realized what she was doing. She smiled sweetly and blew me a kiss.

"What did you do?!" I nearly yelled, wide-eyed.

"I kissed you, Josh!" She said giddily.

     I shook my head in disbelief. "I made it clear that I don't like you in that way! What were you thinking?"

    "I thought you'd realize your feelings for me if I kissed you." She said, like this was all my fault.

    "I don't even know what to say anymore. Just give me some time to clear my head." I walked off, ignoring her screams of protest.

Just then, I got a message.

Niece                                                  1:53 PM
I just got home and I don't... read more

    I clicked on the message in my Notifications Center and unlocked the phone to see the rest of her text.

Niece
I just got home and I dont see you or your friend so I guess you guys went out.

Dots appeared on the screen and sure enough, she sent me something else.

Niece
oh so daddy just told me that he asked you to bring maya back

Oh shi-

Niece
dont worry tho because maya came with us to shop and we've got her here already so you're good

Uncle Josh✈️
thanks niece

Uncle Josh✈️
Don't tell Maya this but I almost
forgot her

Niece
shes reading this over my shoulder and

Niece
This is Maya. I'm going to have a nice long chat with you when you get home with Barbie, Boing.

Niece
Barbie's her name, right?

Uncle Josh✈️
Actually she's taking the subway home

Niece
oh whatever, the point is that you're in trouble for forgetting about me

    I groaned internally. I set up the trap for myself. Of course she's reading this over Riley's shoulder, they do everything together.

I'll just deal with it when it comes.

I walked over to the parking lot, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

Girls are so confusing.

—————————————————————

     I knocked on the door, but it just swung open. I couldn't see anybody.

Weird.

I shrugged to myself and walked in slowly.

     Suddenly, I heard the sound of a marbles moving, books falling, and then... a bucket falling?