Chapter 2 ~ I Promise

Standing there surrounded by at least 15 people, were two small children. They looked to be about 5 or 6 years old.

The younger boy had short dirty blonde hair and deep brown eyes. He wore a little red polo top and light brown pants. On his small feet were brand new, in tip top shape, grey skechers. I scanned my eyes over him again and noticed that he was holding hands with a small girl, who was strangling a teddy bear. 

This girl was the cutest little thing. She had dark hair that was pushed over to one side with beachaves filing down after. Her dark hair rolled down perfectly onto her vibrant blue shirt. She wore small ripped jeans and the same grey skechers as the boy she was holding hands with.

The kids were adorable, even if I could barely see them.

The guards that stood around them were literally walking skyscrapers. They had to all be at least 6'5, compared to my 5'3 figure. They are all walking trees.

After staring at them for over 5 minutes, one guard with golden hair turned to me.
"Are you the park manager?" He asked emotionlessly

"No, Mr Rogers is on a tour right now, he won't be back for another hour or so." I reply with a smile.

"We don't have an hour, we asked for a tour yesterday afternoon with him. These two kids you see want there tour now!" He said sharply.

"Okay, how about this. I can take the kids on the tour instead and then there are no problems and you don't have to wait." I question.

He turned and looked at the other guards before turning back around and nodding at me.

The little girl squealed with excitement and burst through the guards, dropping her teddy bear, and rushed over to me. The boy however just smiled at the little girl and quietly followed behind, picking up the bear in the process.

"Thank you so much." The little girl said cuddling into my leg. I bent down to her level and looked into her deep brown eyes and smiled at her.  

"It's not a problem. Now first things first. What are your names." I say reaching to the desk to get a clipboard.

"My name is Kendall, and this is my best friend Axel" Kendall said pointing at Axel. Axel was a quiet boy, yet one who was in love. If they knew what that was at their age, they would know.

Axel looked at Kendall as if she was the only person in this room. Something I wish someone would do with me.

"Alright, I have your names signed in. What do you want to do first?" I ask the two.

The two kids looked at each other with an evil smirk on their faces. What were these two planning?

***

After climbing up to the very top of the hill, with seven of the fourteen guards in tow, we started to buckle into our safety harnesses. Kendall and Axel were both equally excited to go on the dual flying fox with each other, the guards however, were not.

The other seven guards were down at the bottom for safety measures, also because they were afraid of heights. The seven that were with us had only a small problem with heights. What babies.

Once I checked over everyone's safety harnesses, we went to the shack, which had thousands of caribbeans and other equipment in it, As well as the start of the flying fox.

"Okay, now you see that ramp?" I say when I have checked all the safety on the harness. They nod.

"Okay, now what you are going to do is run down that ramp as fast as you can until your feet don't touch the ground anymore. Okay?" Once more they nod.

"Okay on my mark run. Ready? One. Two. Three. GO!" The two kids went running down the ramp giggling and squealing. Before they took off however, they held hands tightly. So in love. I better be at that wedding.
"Okay. Which one of you is next?" I turn around and say looking at the giants. They gulp and line up.

After six of the seven went down, I looked over my shoulder to see the last guard, undoing his harness.

"What are you doing?" I demanded

"What does it look like I am doing? I am getting out of this." He snapped and continued trying to unlock the harness.

"Why would you do that? You need that to get down to the bottom."

"I'm not going down that death trap."

"Your afraid of heights? Aren't you?" I asked. The guard stopped fiddling and looked me in the eyes. Tears threatening to spill. Was he really that afraid of heights? Or was it something more?

"Look, I will be going down with you. I have been on this thing thousands of times and it's perfectly safe and not high at all. Plus, if you're still scared you can hold my hand. You'll be fine." I say comforting him.

"You promise nothing will happen?" He asked in a small voice.

"Promise. Now let's go." I say clicking him and myself onto the flying fox and running off.

All the way through the flying fox, he was screaming like a little girl. I thought guards were supposed to be scary and not afraid of anything? If he is in a relationship, we all know who is wearing the pants.

Imagine this is them holding hands

This is Axel.

This is Kendall Hope you enjoyed

This is Kendall
Hope you enjoyed. Comment and vote please
~Eloise ❤️