•• 22 ••

Lorraine's POV

  "Secrets? Hmm, I already knew it, right from the very beggining." He said before looking in our eyes.

"Huh?" Both Emma and Norman looked at him with wide eyes, I only looked away.

"I have something to ask you, Norman." Ray said, my brother nodded his head, "How far can you remember from your library of memories?"

"To when I was four or three years old?" Norman said, looking confused, as if he wasn't sure of his answer.

"Yeah, me too!" Emma said with her wide eyes, scanning the raven haired boy.

"Well, normally, people forget their memories when they were a baby, that's what we call infantile amnesia." Ray said with a low voice, clasping both of his hands, "But some people, don't forget."

"What do you mean, Ray?" Emma ask him, her eyes looking shocked.

"I am one of them." He said, inhaling before starting to tell us his story.

***

  The first thing I knew is seeing everything in darkness, it's so dark and warm, then I heard a voice, it's the voice of my mother, singing a hollow lullaby. I never knew who's my parents, my father and my mother. I only remember some of them, like pieces of a puzzle.

I remember something being snapped in my left ear, it hurts so much that I started to cry as a baby and after being divided into five groups, we enter a dark tunnel and I arrived here, in Grace Field House.

  My memories and my own reality has become conflicting, I was confused but I finally understood once I was taught how to read. My past memories are correct, were not living in an orphanage. The reality is just a mask, a lie. I was six years old when I confront mom, she was surprised in a moment and that made me feel that I was correct.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to kill me too?" I ask her while looking directly in her eyes. She was silent, "I want us to make a deal.

***

"And that's all." Ray said, finishing his story before looking at me.

"How about you, Lorraine? You're one of the most intelligent kids here, I'm expecting that you'll have some super memory." He said, smiling a bit while I only look down to my hands.

"I don't remember anything, I don't remember my memories when I was three but I only remember a few when I was four, like playing with you guys, beating mom in a chess game and going to the gate." I said, a bit embarrassed.

"But it doesn't matter anyway! What matters is that, were being honest here now!" I beemed, smiling to him but I could tell that he's bothered by it.

"So, you remembered everything, one year before being delivered in this orphanage?" Emma ask Ray, the boy nodded his head.

"Wait, so outside the gate is not the outside world but..."

"The headquarters!" Ray said, cutting off Norman with his harsh voice.

"I honestly want to tell everything of this after being sure that you'll keep your promise." Ray said to Norman and I, Emma looks confused but shrug it off. "Also, you figured out everything, huh."

"What?" Emma ask.

"The headquarters and the five plants that shares the same wall, those are what makes the Grace Field House." Ray answered, "The gate won't be a good escape route, it'll only drive us to our own deaths since outside the house are the demons and the adults."