The Love Collection Tour

Norfolk, VA is where I was currently. The NorVa venue to be more precise, tonight is the twelfth show of the 'Love Collection' Tour with The 1975 as a support act. They were on stage sound-checking Milk and I'm sat in the middle of the venue on the floor.

I scroll through my phone, replying to a text from Atticus asking how I was and how the tour was and then I shut my phone off, paying attention to the boys. The music was loud and so far the crowd had seemed to enjoy them every night so I knew tonight would be no different.

Jesse comes and sits down next to me, passing me a glass of wine. I raise my eyebrows at him and he shrugs "What? It's 2pm, drink up." He taps his glass with mine and I take a sip.

The Neighbourhood had been a favourite band of mine for a while so when Jamie had a call asking for the boys to support them for the month of June, Matty jumped at it, demanding I be taken with them.

I had become good friends with them all but especially Jesse, he was so full of character and it reminded me so much of Matty. He was so confident on stage and his voice was insane and he looked out for us.

"I can tell how proud you are of them and it's really fucking cool." Jesse says, I look away from the stage and turn to him.

"I've known them for so long and I've seen the hard work they've put into it y'know? Thank you for giving them a chance, they really are thankful."

He nudges my shoulder, "We're all supporting each other here, they're lucky to have you. Didn't G have a girl who left him cause she didn't like him touring in other countries? Pretty shitty if you ask me." which is true, when George told Eleanor about the month tour she kicked off and broke up with him.

"I wish I had someone as supportive as you way back before I was even fucking in The NBHD, you can tell they love you as well."

The music stops and we both clap, Jesse hollering before standing up to go ask Jeremy something about the show later. Matty jumps off stage and picks me up, spinning me in circles "Woah, easy rockstar!" I squeal as he finally sets me down again.

"What d'ya think? Sounding alright?" He asks, pressing a kiss to my lips before I can answer.

"You sound mint."

We had decided to go get something to eat and explore the area a bit more before doors open. Matty, George, Hann, Ross, Zach and I were now back at the venue and backstage with everyone else getting high.

I sat on the sofa, Matty laying between my legs whilst I played with his hair. Everyone else scattered about the dressing room, the room clouded with marijuana, 20 minutes until showtime.

I took a few photos of them on film, before heading out into the crowd ready for the show. I moved towards the front, making sure not to get in people's way but also allowing room for me to photograph them.

The intro to Head.Cars.Bending sounded through the small venue and the crowd cheered for them. The reaction from this crowd who weren't even aware of The 1975 probably made me excited because if they were this well received with only 9 songs on the setlist, imagine when the album comes out.

I danced and sang along, Ross catching my eye in the crowd and laughing at my dance moves. The set was soon over, Matty finishing with "We've been The 1975, thank you!" before walking to the front of the stage with Hann, George and Ross to bow before walking off.

Moving back in the crowd, I turn around and head backstage being pulled into a sweaty hug by the 4 lads.

"You were amazing as always, Hann you were sick during Milk."

George decides he wants to watch the show tonight from the floor so him and I make our way to the back of the venue. I order a cup of water for myself and a beer for G and wait for the show to start.

We dance the whole show, George stopping to take photos with fans occasionally and thanking them on behalf of the others.

I knew they would only get bigger and bigger now. It was June and they were still recording for their debut album whenever they could, any time they'd get off stage Matty would be writing more songs whilst George tapped a rhythm, Hann strummed random tunes and Ross came up with bass lines. They were a good team.