三十一

31 - how pitiful

Taking the first move, the Water Pillar speed over, appeared instantly in front of the demon. Using this opportunity, his blade almost came in contact with the demon's neck, before he ducked himself, evading him with the same speed.

Reacting to his evade, Giyū spun on the air, accelerating himself with the rotation.

Water Breath, Second Style.

"Water Wheel!"

Unlike both pillars, the demon was mostly on full strength, no exhaustion could be detected from him. On the opposite, the pillars are both worn down individually. Giyū that just encountered a strange demon on the forest, and Chihiro who still haven't completely recovered from her dance ritual, not to mention she used more of her spiritual energy to help Giyū counter the blood demon technique.

That's what the demon thought.

Blossom Breath, Seventh Dance.

"Demon Huntress: Dance of Wisteria!"

The demon who just barely evaded one of Giyū's attack, not even given one second to relax, the Blossom Pillar appeared from his blind spot, both her katanas eagerly targeting his neck as a gust of purple petals emanate from her blades. Almost slipping, the demon use his leg to kick Chihiro's lower legs, with her instantly jumped over, her blade grazing his left eye, while the other managed to grazed his neck a little.

What's wrong with these humans!?

Not wasting even a moment, Chihiro jumped on the air, spin around, and kick him straight to the face. As the demon stumbled to the side, Chihiro scanned his body in one-go, noticing things she didn't last time.

The wounds... did heal... But it's so slow. And his speed and power are no more than a Lower Moon... But what is this feeling...

Something just isn't right.

Giyū noticed the change in her expression. You realized it too, right? He looked straight to her eyes as they both run side by side, ready to attack the demon again.

Chihiro nodded, understanding his gaze, before bringing her gaze back straight.

And there's no telling when my power on Giyu will run out.

I just hope... That method will somehow work...

"So, it's his blood, huh..."

"Yeah, and I may have an idea to at least prevent it from working."

Giyū nodded. "I think I know what you think."

"Yeah, you just need to breathe deeply, but not too fast. If his power has something to do with his blood on our blood circulation, then it's logical that he will attack us at night, when our brain are most vulnerable."

"Right. So, to prevent it..."

"Breathe as many oxygen to wake the brain up, but slowly to prevent the blood circulation circulate faster to our brain."

She smirked at herself.

Heh.

This method work the best for us demon hunters.

She readied herself for her next attack, crossing her blades.

Blossom Breathe, Sixth Dance.