36. so sudden

[ 36. so sudden ]
T A E H Y U N G

i lied three more chapters jdksks

▂▂▂▂▂

"So you're saying my son can't play football because he's gay? Do you not understand how wrong that sounds?" Beomsoo leans forward in his seat, his lips tugging into a frown. Taehyung's sitting beside him, saying nothing as the coach eyes them both, not at all amused.

Taehyung had been kicked off the team by his own members. When he came back to the lockerroom today with Steven by his side, he didn't expect to see his locker broken open and his things destroyed all over the ground. Every single one of his belongings had been trashed, including his uniform and his gear, destroyed and stomped on.

At first, he kept his head held up high, knowing this is just his teammates acting upon immaturity and bitterness. However, something else had caught his eye on the floor— paper. And the moment he picked up the torn pieces off the ground, his heart fell.

His teammates had ripped apart the only picture of Jeongguk he has.

Taehyung can't stand this level of treatment anymore— it's stupid that he has to suffer for a reason that's this fucking ridiculous. So he went back home with his dad, told him everything, and Beomsoo had insisted to drive back to the school to demand a change.

That's where they are right now: sitting in the coach's office demanding things to change.

"So the reason why you're kicking him off is because he's gay?" Beomsoo spits out, raising an eyebrow at the coach in disbelief. "That sounds valid to you?"

"Nobody on the team is comfortable with your kid, sir. All the boys feel violated around a faggot like him," The coach shrugs, ignoring how Taehyung flinches in his seat at the word. His dad laughs, bitterness in his tone.

"Violated? Have you seen what they did to my son? They beat him up, nearly killing him and destroyed hundreds of dollars worth of football gear," His dad never raises his voice, but now he is. Taehyung hasn't seen this side of him before that it feels odd watching him stand up for him.

"My son does nothing, but you're just going to let this go because he's gay? That's your excuse?"

"We have no evidence," The coach snaps. Beomsoo inhales deeply, shaking his head. Taehyung reaches over and places a hand on his shoulder to calm him down, but his dad gently removes his hand off of him and pats his knee.

"No evidence? I'm a doctor, Coach, and I have his medical records. This is complete nonsense you're trying to keep this up for your players," Beomsoo says, gesturing at the coach angrily. "This is racism and a hate crime that we're talking about."

"Mr. Kim, you're accusing innocent young boys of things they aren't capable of doing. If you're so upset about this, then you shouldn't have had a faggot for a child," The coach folds his hands over his desk, giving them a false apologetic look.

It's obvious he doesn't care. Nobody does.

"His personal preferences are not an excuse to brutally beat up a kid and ruin his things," Beomsoo shouts, slamming his palm on the desk, making the coach flinch. "They're acting on a stigma that's been around for decades at the expense of my son's life."