When He Tries to Escape ~Jay

I haven't received many more wounds since yesterday. Just a few more cuts, scrapes, and bruises. My body hurts, I'm starved, and sleep deprived. The only reason I'm not dehydrated is because Clancee keeps sneaking water down for me.

"Here's some more water." He says slipping a bottle through the bars.

"Thanks!" I say drinking it.

"Sorry you haven't gotten food. I keep getting caught every time I try, and Nadakhan isn't believing any of my excuses. He sees right through my lies."

"Clancee it's fine. Thank you. You've helped out tremendously. You've kept me alive!"

"Sorry I can't help more." Clancee says and starts to walk off.

"Actually, you can help me more!" I yell after him

"How so?"

"Help me get back to (Y/N). Before Nadakhan gets to her." I say pleadingly.

"I will get in so much-"

"Just unlock the door. I'll say I picked the lock so you don't get in trouble."

Clancee hesitates, but unlocks the door. "I hope this works." He mumbles.

"Thank you, Clancee! I owe ya." I say as he walks away.

I wait until it is dark for me to make my move. I open the door, it creaks, and I quickly pause, making sure no one heard. When no one appears, I leave my cell, and close the door. As I walk up the stairs I hear Nadakhan talking, and look to see him coming in my direction. I quickly dart back down the stairs and hide in the rafters further down from my cell. I can't see Nadakhan, but I know he is looking in my cell when I hear dead silence.

"The Prisoner has escaped! Find him!" Nadakhan yells going back up on deck.

I have to get out of here! I drop down out of the rafters and run the opposite direction of the stairs. There has to be another exit down here somewhere. I come to a dead end, and still don't see an exit. I hear foot steps behind me, but there's no rafters above me this time. When I turn around, I see Clancee, and I freeze.

"See him down there, Clancee?" I hear Nadakhan yell over by the stairs.

Clancee looks at me a minute, and I look at him pleadingly.

"No, it's clear." He says.

"Thank you!" I say and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

Clancee pulls on a torch holder and it reveals a trap door behind me.

"Take this. It will lead you to a trap door right by the anchor. You pull that lever, it will release the anchor."

"Thank you Clancee! I owe you another one!" I say running into the passageway.

When I come out of the other trap door, no one notices me, so I pull the lever. Everyone turns to look as the anchor slowly lowers to the ground below. Why does it have to be so loud? I finally spot Nadakhan in the crowd, and he looks super ticked off.

"You're not going anywhere!" Nadakhan says rushing over to me.

"YOLO!" I shout sliding down the chain.

The anchor isn't moving fast enough. There's no way I can escape. I look down towards the world below me and contemplate jumping. I don't know what's below me, but jumping would be certain death.

"Clancee pull the lever!" Nadakhan shouts above me.

The anchor suddenly falls faster to the ground.

"Wrong lever!" Nadakhan yells.

I start to see the land below when the anchor finally stops. I still can't jump! I'm too far off the ground. The anchor starts to ascend back into the sky until I'm back at the boat.

"See! If you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself." Nadakhan says coming down to me.

I fear for my life, as I see the anger in Nadakhan's eyes. I have no where to go. He grabs me by my throat and dangles me over the edge. I can't breathe, and I desperately try to get out of his iron grasp.

"I ought to drop you after that." Nadakhan says tightening his grip on my throat.

I see the edges of my vision start to blur, and I start to feel weaker. I don't know which way I'd rather go: asphyxiation or falling to my death. He flies up and throws me back on the boat. I start gasping for air as he advances on me with his sword. He raises his sword, and I throw my arm up, hoping to protect anything important. He slices right down my arm, and continues to cut me until my whole body is in agonizing pain.

"Nadakhan don't you think that's a little overboard?" Clancee says walking up.

"Back off unless you want this too!" Nadakhan says turning around and threatening Clancee with his sword.

"I'm sorry. I just thought he'd more useful to you alive." Clancee says throwing his hands up in surrender and backing away.

"Finally starting to learn." Nadakhan says starting to drag me back down towards the cells.

This time he drags me towards a different cell than what I was previously in. It's smaller and has shackles hanging from the ceiling. The only light is coming from a hole in the ceiling.

"Stand up!" He yells, yanking me up by my collar.

"I'm standing!" I yell back as my feet get traction on the ground.

"You're gonna learn you don't mess with me!" He says shoving me to the middle of the room.

He grabs my wrists, and puts the shackles on them. I don't think it's that bad until he pulls on a chain somewhere, and it pulls the shackles higher, so my feet are no longer touching the ground. The arm he severely cut courses with pain, and it takes all I have in me not to scream out.

"No one comes down here without my supervision." Nadakhan says as he punches me in the face.

I feel light headed as I watch everyone leave the cell. Clancee is the last one to leave and I hear him say "I'm sorry." Before the door slams shut, leaving me in solitude and darkness, as I finally let the tears flow down my face.