Chapter 27

I'm up in my room, fuming, contemplating on how to get in touch with Steven and cancel our date as I'm grounded. I still can't wrap my head round the fact that me, at seventeen years old, am grounded and all because I let myself get wound up by that arrogant prick. What am I going to tell Steven? I can't tell him what happened, that would be too humiliating. I lay here on my bed perched on my elbows, reflecting on what happened just now and something feels off. I mean it was like he was baiting me, pushing me to the extreme and me being the stubborn, prideful person I am, fell for it. I smile to myself though when I remember the face he pulled when I head butted him, it was of shock and disbelief and I can't help but giggle at the memory.

A knock on my door brakes me away from the funny memory, announcing the presence of I think and hope my friend. "Come in!" I say and as expected, my friend walks through the door with a sorrowful expression on her pretty face. "Are you okay?" She asks in a little voice and I give her a small smile. "Do I look okay?" I reply with sarcasm. "It's all my fault, I'm so sorry Nick, I should have kept my big mouth shut," she says back, her eyes cast down, looking guilty as sin. Although she may have started this mess, deep down I know it's not her fault, but mine. I know that even without her input, Liam and me we were bound to explode and that's exactly what happened. He knew exactly what buttons to push, driving me crazy, acting crazy and this is the outcome of it all. "I think even without your help, Liam and me would have found a reason to fight anyway, I just feel bad that I ruined Mum's night" I admit to her and I do feel bad about how things ended up, a bit at least. She nods in agreement but then ties to stifle a giggle and I know what she's thinking about.

"Still his face when you head butted him was hilarious, me and your brothers were on the verge of laughing until we saw your mum walk in. Had she not, we would have definitely burst out laughing, I'm talking belly rolling, the works, no lie" She says with a cheeky grin and a wink. "Yeah, to see that face he pulled was well worth the trouble I'm in and believe me, I'm not done with him yet. That prick had the audacity to wave at me with that smug look on his face while I was getting told off and had my phone confiscated." Just remembering that look he had wound me up again. "Arhhh... That prick, he really makes my blood boil and I don't know why, but I get the feeling that I've been played for a fool. I can't quite explain it, but it feels like he had accomplished his goal, like this was all deliberate, some elaborate plan to make me loose it. You know what I mean?" The more I look back the more it feels off, like I'm missing something. "About that..." Sydney starts to say and I snap my head round, paying full attention to what she's about to say. She looks at me with worry and I immediately get the feeling that maybe my instincts were not too far off, that something was definitely off and she has the answer.

"Whaaaaat ?" I ask dragging the word. "...Well, you're brothers kind of helped Liam ruin your date plans" My brothers? "What do you mean? What did they do?" I ask trying to stay calm but I can feel the anger starting to boil, ready to spill over. "They kind of tipped him off on what would wind you up and get you fired up into an argument, Oh and they celebrated downstairs just now their victory, saying that their plan went better than they had expected. Well that's what I overheard them say from behind the door before I came up here to see you."

I'm stunned; I can't actually believe what I'm hearing right now, but not overly shocked as something did feel off. Those cheeky little fuckers wound me up on purpose so that I'd get in trouble and there was me thinking that my brothers may have forgiven me for the whole party thing. Boy was I wrong, but that's ok, because payback is going to be a bitch.

"So my brothers betrayed me, took of course they're best friends side and screwed me over. Is that it?" I ask really angrily. She nods but looks a little afraid of me right now. I don't blame her, I would be scared of me too and I'm fucking livid. I inhale deeply and then exhale all my rage.  "That's ok, no problem, I'll make them pay dearly for this, I swear!"