fifteen! ⋆ I'LL SEE YOU FRIDAY

( songs for the chapter )⋆ talking to your sleep // the romantics

⋆ talking to your sleep // the romantics

THE FIRST THING KATE NOTICED was the almost overwhelming smell of cologne in the air

THE FIRST THING KATE NOTICED was the almost overwhelming smell of cologne in the air. It smelled good, amazing even, but it was a lot. The next thing she noticed was how insanely gorgeous the stranger in front of her was. It was Kate's free period and she decided to go to the library to catch up on homework, but it seemed like she was about to have other plans.

"Uh, hi?" she smiled awkwardly at the blonde boy. Kate felt her cheeks heat up under his gaze. She internally cursed herself for letting a boy have such an effect on her. He wore a denim jacket over a white t-shirt that hugged his lean form. A gold chain hung around his neck.

The stranger grinned widely, with his tongue poking out from between his teeth. He stuck out his hand, which Kate hesitantly took. "I'm Billy Hargrove. I just moved here and Mr. Kaminsky said if I needed help with anything, you're the one to talk to."

Kate nodded nervously as she removed her hand from his. "I'm–"

"Catherine Hopper. I know."

Kate's eyes furrowed slightly. "How do you–"

"People talk about you all the time," he shrugged as Kate's freckled face turned red. "Word around here is you're the prettiest girl in Hawkins."

The girl blurted out a laugh as she shook her head. She gathered her stuff and began her trek toward the door. Kate had heard a lot about Billy Hargrove despite never seeing him — even though he was still relatively new. He was one of those stereotypical basketball players, who had a new girl on their arm every week. Kate wasn't one to judge, but she didn't want to get sucked into the loop.

"Was it something I said, or?" he asked as he followed Kate out into the hallway.

She turned around abruptly, causing him to almost bump into her. Only centimetres separated them and Kate took a small step backward. "Look, I'd be happy to help with whatever you need, but if you think I'm just gonna end up as another notch in your belt, maybe you should talk to someone else."