•SEVENTY-SEVEN•

Gabby's POV

I heard the front door open and Hayes' footsteps come up the stairs to his room.

He unlocked and opened the door to find me sitting on the bed with criss-crossed legs.

"Hey baby," he smiled at me "You won't even believe who I had a run-in with." He chuckled.

"Who?" I asked

"Jack."

As soon as he said Jack's name, my heart jumped.

"W— Really?" I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, don't get too excited, babe. He has no chance of finding you."  He started to take his shirt off.

"Why? What did you two talk about?" I asked "Oh, it wasn't just the two of us," he tossed his shirt in the clothes hamper and laid down on his back next to me and closed his eyes, putting his arms under his head.

"It was us and a police officer." "What?" I breathed out.

"Mhm. Oh, and he was so, so close to catching me too, but he's a complete moron." He looked up at me and snickered.

"He went on about how you guys both made up theories about me killing people, about me stalking you, about me kidnapping you, and just endless lies." "But... You did do those things. They.. they weren't lies." My voice started to crack and my eyes started to water.

"Yeah but they don't know that." He put his hand on my thigh and started to caress it.

I got up and paced around the room.

"Baby, what are you doing? Come and lay with me." He sat up on his elbows.

"Jack.. Jack is looking for me?" I asked him, ignoring his demand.

"It's no use. People just think he's crazy."

"But he's looking for me, correct?" I asked

"Yes, but that doesn't matter because you have me." He got up out of his spot and walked over to me.

"He's looking for me," I muttered to myself.

Hayes walked up in front of me and rested his hands on my hips, but I walked right past him.

"And he went to the police about it?" I asked "I'm not having this conversation any longer." He said sternly.

"Hayes, please answer the question." I turned around to him. "No, because it doesn't matter. I don't know what you think you're going to get out of this, but it's certainly not a chance to be with him again, so drop it." He raised his voice.

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"Now come lay down with me." He said "No." I said bluntly. "What?" "Did I fucking stutter? No. I said no, Hayes."

He closed his eyes and let out a sigh and surprisingly started walking to the bed instead of towards me.

"Ya know," he started "I really didn't want to have to use this because you've been so good lately." he pulled out a syringe and a tiny glass bottle filled with a clear liquid from his nightstand drawer.

"Hayes." I said "And I know you hate needles but you have to cooperate." He started to fill the syringe up with the liquid and a tear slipped down my cheek.

I hurried to the door and tried to open it but it was locked and you needed a key to get out.

"Ok," he said while walking towards me "It hurts more if your muscles are all tensed up, so just... Relax."

"Hayes," I whined while putting my hands up to his chest "Please don't to this. I'll do what you want me to." By now there were tears streaming down my face.

"Aww, baby, you already lost your chance." He pulled down my shorts and turned me around so I was just in a t-shirt and panties with my back to him.

He pulled my body into his and rubbed my thighs then he let out a sigh "you know I don't want to do this, but for future references, don't get yourself into a situation like this again," He said then kissed my neck "And just relax" he suggested.

"No. Please, no." I sobbed and he held my arms down with one hand as he injected the needle into the back of my thigh with the other.

I let out a yelp in pain and he kissed my neck in an attempt to try to comfort me I guess.

When he was finished, he tossed the syringe away from our feet and wrapped his arms around me as I sobbed.

The last words I remember mumbling were "Jack wouldn't do this to me." Before everything lost focus.