CHAPTER 23

We did not have that long to go, it was probably only another ten kilometres where we had to walk through the valleys to get to the town of Erian. We were all exhausted and running low on our food supply. 

"Can't you just use your magic Caspian? Surely you can just teleport us there in an instant, or at least summon up some water and food." Jude states dryly as we trudge over a large hill. 

"Believe me Jude, I would to that if I could. But the other pesky Gods and Goddesses prohibited me from using such advanced powers like that, at the moment I'm probably only ten times as strong as Odette. While in my true form it would be a lot more," Caspian replies. 

I snort aloud, "you are so full of yourself." 

"I'm just being honest," Caspian mutters looking at me dead in the eye. There is an unknown emotion behind them that I can't decipher, so I break away first and ignore the knots in my stomach. 

"I need a five minute break," Luna sighs as she stops to rest her hands on her knees. Taking in large breaths. 

We all sit down in the long grass, staring at the clear blue sky. 

"So... I have a question," Caspian begins after a few minutes. 

Luna, Jude and I all look at him with raised eyebrows and questioning looks. 

"What exactly are we going to do when we reach Erian? How are you planning on defeating Harry and the rest of the White Chain?" 

Everyone turns to look at me, I exhale heavily, thinking of what to say. "You know, I'm not a hundred per cent sure. You see, Harry has a purple amulet that causes elves to lose their powers. Therefore making Harry gain their powers and become stronger, if we find a way to take the amulet and destroy it... Well that's probably our best shot at preventing an all out war."

"Wait a second, what was that prophecy that Ms Murphy was telling you about Odette?" Jude asks. 

"Once what's shrouded is revealed, the true leader shall mark an age of pain and the rise of new evil. The countess of darkness must bring forth dawn, and a forbidden relationship will help forbid war." I recite.

This time Luna speaks up, "well the first part about an 'age of pain and the rise of new evil' has already come true. Since we can guess the rise of new evil is Harry and the White Chain slowly rising to power... But the rest of it still has not come true."

"Do you think you're the countess of darkness Odette? How are you supposed to bring forth dawn? What does that mean?" Jude interjects, running his hands through his hair. 

"I have no clue, but that's what people seem to think.. So maybe I am the countess of darkness, somehow I could be the key in all of this." No one speaks for the next few minutes, Caspian remains completely silent as he stares off into the distance. I notice his eyebrows are furrowed so he's obviously trying to work it out too. 

"The part that confuses me is the 'forbidden relationship will help forbid war' part. That does not make any sense," Caspian says breaking the silence. We all nod in agreement.

"I'm sure it will all make sense in due time, for now we better get a move on before it's too late."  Jude declares as we all get up and continue our long journey to Erian. 

-- 

I FINALLY updated! Thank you for being patient! Sorry this chapter is not as long as they are usually, I promise the next chapter will be much more exciting! 

Remember to vote, comment and share if you're enjoying the story so far x