Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 7

Nixon
•  •  •

"I'm going to burn this fucking place down!" I growl into the phone.

"Nixon, calm down! What happened?" Kelis asks frantically.

I tuck my phone in between my shoulder and my ear while I shove some stuff in a duffle bag. "I can't live here. I'm packing my shit and going to my penthouse before I get arrested for arson." I demand.

It's so fucking tempting. She doesn't understand exactly how good it would make me feel to douse the house in gasoline, light it up and watch it burn. Let the memories that fill this place go up in flames, until there's nothing left.

"That's a bad idea and you know it." She insists, fear lacing her words.

"The cops took all of my drugs, there's nothing left." I assure her. Believe me if they hadn't, they'd been in my system right fucking now.

"I thought you didn't want to be alone?" She questions.

She's only trying to get me to stay because she wants me to mend my relationship with our parents but I can't do it anymore, two weeks has been more than enough. They're going to push me into relapsing.

"I'd rather be alone than live in this house for another fucking second." I retort. "They want me to leave anyway after I put my fist through my bedroom door."

Kelis groans. "What? Nixon! Just tell me what happened, maybe we can fix it."

I growl in frustration. "I was going back to my room after working out and your Mother and Father were digging through my stuff."

"Why?"

"Mom was talking about a pair of earrings she couldn't find and Dad came to the conclusion that I must have taken them." I explain, trying my best to remain calm.

We argued, I got pissed, rammed my fist through my bedroom door, and they ran from the room. If I don't leave my Father may end up calling the cops on me for destroying something else in this stupid house and I'm not going back to jail.

She huffs. "Why would he think that?"

"I don't fucking know, I guess because I'm a convicted felon that means I'm a thief too. Their logic is fucked so who knows why they think the shit they think." I heft my duffle bag over my shoulder. "I need you to find me somewhere to stay, with a roommate. I don't care what the place looks like, anything is better than here."

Kelis sighs loudly. "Fine, I'll start looking but it's going to be hard. Everywhere is going to be fully rented out until graduation."

"Make it fast." I add.

She groans in annoyance. "I'm on it, please stay out of trouble. Make Samantha stay with you if you have to."

"Samantha is the last person I need to have live with me, Kelis." I shake my head at the thought. If she only knew.

"I know she's wild but she cares about you, Nixon." She urges.

"Mhmm." I mutter, making my way down the hall.

"I'll call you after class, love you."

"Love you." I murmur and shove my phone in my pocket as I start down the staircase.

"Nixon, please don't leave." Mom begs me. She's waiting for me at the bottom, nervously playing with the gold Rolex on her wrist.

"Let him leave, Sloane." My dad says as he walks by us in the foyer, not even bothering to look up from his phone.