Chapter 4 Thief

in a shop, Lily was selling one of Bell's knives as the shopkeeper who said it was only worth 30 Valas, Lily was pissed that it was so low, then 2 Zeus familia members were walking past in the same ally, one's name was Ren, and he was a level 2 werewolf, along with a level 3 human named Dean, Lily hid the knife as she knew they'd know what it was, but the 2 stopped her asking about the knife, then Bell came and said he dropped his knife, Lily took the chance to say she found it and Bell was overjoyed, the 2 other's didn't look convinced, but played along. after going home, Ren and Dean asked if Bell was really okay having that girl be his supporter.

Dean:" We have concerns for that supporter you hired Bell"

Ren:" Yeah, she's trouble"

Bell gave a blank stare as he already knew everything, and they caught on as well, but.

Bell:" she looked lonely, you saw in her eye's, they were filled with disgust, hatred, anger, sadness, anxiety, loneliness, and pain in her eye's, she has no one, and she's in the Soma familia to make thing's worse"

the 2 knew the Soma familia were trouble, more complaint's and criminal action's from them than any other familia, always so desperate for money as well, when asking the god's, they all said that the Soma familia don't worship Soma, they worship the Wine he can make, anyone who joins is basically disposable cannon fodder, and supporters have it the toughest since they are used as pack mules more often than not in these roles.

Ren:" I see, she's a supporter for that familia... now I can't blame her for being desperate"

Dean:" she doesn't seem like someone who's willing to kill someone, so if I had to guess, she's trying to get out"

Bell:" can't you just leave a familia"

Mero:" it's not that simple Bell"

Mero and Zerif returned, bruised, but okay, Zerif then explained that it's not as easy as Bell thinks, due to the Soma familia is run as it is now, you have to pay them to get out.

Bell:" hold on, if you're leaving them then if anything, they should just leave right, why are they making it so difficult"

Zerif:" because the familia is terrible Bell, there are a few dozen people who probably want to leave now, however, if left to itself without needing to pay to get out, then Soma probably wouldn't have a familia without putting his time on it"

Mero:" and sadly, there is technically no rule that states you need it to be free to leave, otherwise, the adventurer's in the familia will hunt you down and drag you back, by force if needed"

Bell clinched his fist hard, Ren holding Bell's shoulder to comfort him, saying that since it's a different familia, they can't put their nose in their business without a good reason, even if it is for everyone's own good.

Dean:" all we need to do is discuss about that one girl"

Mero got one of Bell's knives and smelled Lily's scent on it, asking if she had it, Bell said yes, mero knew Bell wasn't careless enough to drop a knife, let alone his main weapon, and asked Bell what he want's to do. Bell stated he wants to help her, that like the other slave's, she is a slave to her familia, and he wants to help her, they agreed that Lily was desperate and wanted out so they will support Bell best they could, and as Bell went to bed, his roommate's asked about Lily, and then Bell told them everything, having mixed fealing's of hate and sorrow, they would help Bell by gathering information on the Soma familia. in the dungeon the next day, Bell and Lily are adventuring when Bell has his knives in his gauntlet's this time, making it impossible to steal them, in their exploration, they made nearly 85,000 Valas, Bell and Lily jumped for joy as Hestia was drinking with Enyo and had Merry there to take them home as she ranted to them about Bell's new partner. after which, the next morning Hestia and Enyo would have a hangover as Merry, who is the same age as Bell, had to carry them home since she was still too young to drink.