Choke Me, Daddy

Having treated and bandaged the wound himself, Lance headed outside again to hunt what he'd been asked to, but hadn't been able with so many fucking things going on at the same time.
He took Blue with him and headed into the forest. Weird weather, he thought, since the afternoon had been pretty sunny all the snow had melted. It was starting to chill once more though. Maybe the gods had tried to give the prince and him a chance to bond, which they'd clearly failed to use.

Maybe he was too sentimental, or the prince too cold blooded, with a selfish heart of stone, but he couldn't stop feeling frustrated with absolutely everything; at himself, for hurting and putting someone in danger; and Prince Rude, Selfish and Spoiled, who clearly didn't know how the rest of the humanity worked, how his actions made them feel.

As the sky got cloudy, he hunted until dinner came with the help of his loyal partner, ate, and by the time he left his catch in the kitchen and headed to the royal dining room before any of royalty.
Except an obnoxious prince. Not his prince though.

"Oi, hunter boy," he called to get his attention. "Catch me some fish next time, will you? Too much red meat isn't good for your skin."

Lance felt the sudden urge to throw him in the frozen rivers of Daibazaal so he'd catch them himself. He was a hunter, not a fisherman, fucking moron.

He saw the king and queen enter the room along her servant, who stood by his side as the royalty sat down, Hunk entering the room afterwards followed by the waiters who held the plates.

Keith had really tried to be on time a this dinner, not wanting a repeat of lunch. But he failed miserably. He'd met Shiro in the hallway, and had told him about the maybe-enemies that had attacked them in the forest. Shiro had of course reacted immediately and sent a group to scout, though he doubted if it would be of any use. They would be long gone by now.

And so Keith almost ran through the hallways, about five minutes after he should have been in the dining room. The doors were opened for him and he walked in, bowing to his father and the Queen before sitting down, not meeting any of their eyes. He didn't need any more judgement. It was so clear what they were all thinking.

His fleeing eyes found Lance's, and he held his gaze for a couple of seconds, drowning in that deep blue, before staring down at his not yet served dinner. He was absolutely starving, but he wasn't sure if his father would let him eat. Especially after coming in late again.

Lance seemed to be doing fine. He probably didn't care about their earlier encounter. He was a hunter, and the Prince didn't interest him like that.

This was gonna be hell, but it would be okay. One day almost done, four of five to go. Keith wasn't sure when they'd leave again, but they most likely wouldn't stay for more than a week.

An exquisite dinner was served in front of them, consisting of boar, pasta, rice, salad, a fine wine and small compliments on the table.

The moment Lance met the prince's eyes he'd wanted to look away, but for some reason he waited for him to do it first. He decided he didn't want to look at that silky onyx bangs or that perfect snow white skin or those stupid purple irises.
No, he may be stupidly handsome on the outside but on the inside he had nothing, empty. Anyone could be sad. That didn't confirm he had emotions beyond that, and he didn't remember a time he'd seen him smile, either, besides when talking to his commander. Hm.

The king didn't bother to greet his latecomer son, and spent most of the dinner talking to the queen and her son, who seemed particulary interested in Daibazaal's economy and military state. They talked and talked, eventually Lance using the chance to speak to the blond servant next to him, not holding back to flirt with her in the meantime.