8

Jake's pov

It's 7:45pm now and my sister still hasn't shown up. So while everyone else is having a good time and abuzz with the newest gossip, Eric is pacing and snapping at anyone who got too close. Even his parents are keeping their distance while sending him wary glances.

"Eric, dude, calm down", I plead

"Calm down? Angel said she would be here and she's late!", he growled

"It's not like she promised to be on time. And if she says she'll be here, I don't think she'd lie."

"I should go over there myself and drag her here."

"That will get you no where with her. You'll just make things worse for yourself."

"What the fuck are you talking about Jake? I've waited nearly a year for my mate and I'm not letting her leave wether she hates me or not!"

I had to back up a bit because he was sounding completely crazy. His attention was caught by something behind me that made him regain his composure. I turned around and saw my sister and her gang. The alpha and luna went to welcome them as everyone's attention gravitated towards them.

Eric, on the other hand, made his way to the makeshift dj booth and grabbed a microphone. He tapped it twice to get everyone's attention. Angel and her group just looked at him with arms crossed and bored expressions. I caught her eyes for a second before she rolled them and looked away.

"Ahem. Hey, everyone I have exciting news", Eric started, "It's been long awaited, but I have finally found my mate and your future Luna."

Mild cheers went up but nothing overwhelming. That might be because at least half the pack is aware of who his mate is.

"I am honored to have the wolf council's very own Lone Wolf warrior as my mate. Angel White. Will you please come here?"

I watched my sister carefully, and although you couldn't see it, her anger was projecting around her and could be sensed by anyone within at least a ten foot radius. But outwardly, she appeared calm. I don't wanna watch this...but I have to.

Angel, followed by her friends, walks up to Eric ,who still has this goofy shit eating grin on his face, and took the mic from him. Then she hands it to the blonde guy, Blake I think, before turning around and giving Eric a hard kick to the groin. It looked so brutal that even other guys, myself included, visibly flinched. Eric went down on his knees and face planted while holding his nuts. He couldn't stop the tears from flowing. The alpha and luna looked shaken but they didn't intervene either.

Angel took the mic again and turned back to the crowd.

"Hi there. You have all been misinformed. Some of you may remember me as Angel White, but now I no longer use that family name. My name is Angel Roark from my adoptive family. And I will not be the luna of this pack. That means I will not be mating with Eric Lambert."

"What are you fucking saying?", Eric screamed from the ground, "You won't mate with me? You'll leave your pack without a luna?"

"Let me refresh your memory Eric. I fled from this pack 3 years ago because of the physical abuse you, my so called brother and parents inflicted on me. Not a single person in this pack came to my defense, including the alpha and luna, but instead ridiculed me since I was 5 for something that wasn't my fault. This 'pack' is a joke and I have no connections to it. I'm sure you can find yourself some poor unmated female to make your luna. Everyone should understand that I am here for one purpose, to whip you all into shape. Should I or my friends deem you unworthy or uncooperative, we will leave and the council will look the other way. Do you understand?"