-178

[its a viewing/ burial]
(So tbh idk how funerals work for everybody but im used to having a day for ppl to view the loved one inside a church and have ppl give speeches. Then the next day there would be a burial. But idk if thats the same for everyone. Sooo i combined those two events into one bc im cool like that]

Ariella's pov

"Are you sure this is a good idea babe?" Oscar questioned as we strolled through the cemetery.

He was pushing Aiden in his stroller and i was holding Malina's hand.

"Why wouldnt it? He was my brother." I shrugged.

"But didnt you kill him?" Hector questioned causing me to glare at him.

"Yeah thats true. But i didn't know. This is why i need to talk to his adopted parents."

"What if they dont want anything to do with us?" Letty questioned as i shook my head. "We aren't the ones who gave him up."

"Mami and papi probably had a valid reason to give him up. Dont hate on them. They dont even have a chance to explain themselves."

"Thats bullshit Letty. There is no valid reason to give him up. That could've been you. That couldve been me." I pointed out and she just got quiet.

"I hear chatter, whats the matter?" Roman popped out of nowhere as he put his arms around Letty and i.

I just shrugged off the whole conversation.

We walked up to where the burial was located. I could see a big group of people in all black standing around the coffin.

I could feel my heart race as we all walked over.

Everyone looked at us with confusion.

Until a lady with brunette hair and faint wrinkles came over to us.

"Were you all friends of Santiago?" She questioned as i nodded.

"I'm his mother." She sniffled as she looked over at the big framed picture of him. It made me shiver.

"Nice to meet you." I was going to shake her hand until she pulled me in for a hug.

She started sobbing.

"Its a terrible thing. His killer is going to get what they deserved." She choked up.

I frowned at her words. Maybe shes right.

"Linda. The ceremony is starting." A tall man with white hairs and a face that just screams "im rich get out of my way"  at you.

"This is Santiago's father, Will." Linda introduced him as he just looked at us with a smile. Which took my by surprise since he seems like an asshole.

"Nice to meet you sir. I'm sorry for your loss." I shook his hand.

"It means a lot to know that Santiago had friends that cared enough to show up to his funeral." He looked at everyone.

"The ceremony is about to start so you guys may go and find seats." He welcomed us as he walked us over to a row of empty seats.

"At least he had loving parents." I whispered to Oscar as he sat next to me.

Aiden was starting to get squirmy in his stroller and i wasn't about to have a crying baby so i held him as the ceremony started.

There was a bunch of white people here. They all looked rich too.

I kept getting chills because Santí's picture was staring right at me. It made me feel so guilty.

"I remember the day Will & I made the decision to adopt like it was yesterday." Linda spoke up into the microphone.

"I never had hesitations to do so. Will and I had everything. Until we realized there was something money couldnt buy. I still think about Santíago's parents. How thankful i am for them to have the strength to give us their son. The privilege to care for a kid we couldnt have on our own. I remember how broken Santiago's parents were. But they wanted him to have a good life. And im just happy we were able to give him just that. Santí was such a happy boy to be around. Always played tricks on everybody but with good intentions. He never wanted to hurt anybody."

She continued to talk and i couldn't help but watch as Letty was so focused on Linda's speech.

"I remembered one time Santí mentioned his imaginary friend named Elvis."

"Elvis." Letty mumbled with tears in her eyes.

Dom and i both raised brows as we watched her quickly stand up and leave.

"Whats up with Letty?" Oscar questioned.

"I dont know."

"Letty used to have an imaginary friend named Elvis when she was little." Dom explained.

"Holy shit." Roman said from the back row.

"I'm going to go check on her." I handed Dom my son as i stood up to go catch up to her.

"Letty." I called out as i walked over to the tree she was leaning against.

"Whats going on?" I watched as she practically collapsed onto the floor.

"I remember Santí." She looked me dead in the eyes. "I remember him being taken away too." She teared up.

"Oh my god." I turned to look at Linda and Will.

—spookysblock

Im boutta quit writing oscar fanfics😂 this is getting a lot worse i genuinely apologize