Chapter 68

"Aimes, you look amazing baby," Jake said. Hadley and I had thrown the boys out so we could get ready without them bothering us. Therefore, Seth and Jake had yet to see how Hadley and I looked.

"Thanks Jake. You look pretty great yourself," I said, kissing his cheek quickly as Sue and Leah were taking pictures right and left. Quil and Embry had come over to get pictures with us as well, and thankfully they were being more willing participants that Jake. He was acting too cool for the camera.

After nearly half an hour of picture taking, we finished up and headed off to the school where the prom was being held. We all drove down separately as we were each leaving on our own accord.

"Babe, when do you want to leave?" Jake asked.

"Some time after the crowning," I said softly. Jake and I were out of the running due to our winning Homecoming King and Queen, but Quil and Embry were still an option for Homecoming Kings and with our support they had a good chance of winning.

"Sounds like a plan to me," he said as he pulled into the school parking lot and parked his car.

"Everything okay babe?" Jake asked when I didn't make a move to get out of the car.

"Yeah, just need a second," I said. He placed his hand on my cheek, gently turning my head so I had to look at him.

"You are by far the most stunning girl here Allie. Besides that, you are the kindest, most sweet, and the smartest. I can not wait for the day I get to make you my wife," he said, holding eye contact with me so I knew he was being serious.

"I love you Jacob Ephraim," I said softly, smiling at him as a small blush formed under my makeup. I doubted you could see it, but I was sure he'd be able to feel the change in temperature through his hand that still rested on my cheek.

"I love you too Alessandra Mae," he said. He leaned over and kissed me quickly as Quil and Seth started to hit the car and scream obscene things at us.

"I'm so going to kill them," Jake growled lowly. I giggled a little at him as we got out and headed towards the entrance with our friends.

In just a few short weeks we'd no longer be able to freely waltz into this building like this. Soon we'd be high school graduates on our way in the real world.

"Allie, what're you thinking about?" Hadley asked as we waited for the line to make it's way inside.

"Graduation," I said. "It'll be here soon and I'm ready but it is a huge change."

"Let's not worry about it tonight babe," Jake said, jumping into our conversation. "Tonight is about us." He kissed my lips quickly before he led the way into the dance.

The night flew by with Quil and Embry being crowned co-kings of the prom, a first for Forks and La Push High School alike. Jake and I danced our hearts out, taking a break occasionally to laugh at one another or get some water. Jake had to take a few snack breaks that usually ended with me stealing some of his food too.

Before we knew it, Jake and I were in his car again, our hands interlaced as sped down the back roads towards the hunting cabin.

A/N: I'm getting ready to wrap up the story of Jake and Allie, so if you have any questions please comment them so I can answer them in a future chapter. Odds are good if there's something that you need answered, someone else needs it answered too. I love you all.

-Erynn