𝐒𝐈𝐗. the one where peter misses a lot

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི             CHAPTER 6.
࿐  ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ ᵐⁱˢˢᵉˢ ᵃ ˡᵒᵗ

         HE LEFT AUNT MAY with a simple note on the kitchen counter of their small apartment

         HE LEFT AUNT MAY with a simple note on the kitchen counter of their small apartment. His messy handwriting mentioning being gone all day in the town library to clear his head after almost dying in the school basement.

@ library w lydia. staying busy after
yesterday. be home by 10, love you
p.p

      Sometimes Peter wished he didn't have to lie to his aunt about everything, about his second life in Beacon Hills. The alter ego he slapped on every night. He wished he could rant for hours about everything he saw each night behind the mask.

       Like the lady that bought him a doughnut after he saved her cat from the roof of her porch. Or the bone soldiers he'd fought once and totally saved the Sheriff's ass.

But if he did, she'd never let him out of the house again. And it would be the end of Spider-Man.

       Peter didn't know if he could leave Beacon Hills hanging like that, out to dry. Now that he knew exactly what lurked in the shadows, what was behind the glowing eyes and sharp claws. Now that he knew that the only people actually making any difference— were kids who had school the next day.

Like him.

       Except today, was Peter's day off.

       He didn't want to be Peter Parker at all today. He wanted nothing to do with that nerdy tag-along anymore. He just wanted to wear a mask, maybe figuratively as much as he did literally.

       Stiles knew about Spider-Man now. Which was the very last thing Peter ever wanted. Because that was basically rule one of superhero-ing. A secret identity was essential. Sure Tony Stark was Iron Man and now the world new about Natasha Romanoff. But Peter wasn't ready for people to know everything about him.

       Spider-Man would lose the credit if people knew that behind the mask was a giant chemistry nerd that liked boys.

       Beacon Hills was a small town... and Peter was just making it smaller. Being gay was a statement in of itself. Pair that with trying to be a hero, the world would pin him as just a kid who lost his parents. A kid who lost his uncle. A kid that wasn't taught how to cope with pain, and puts on a spangly leotard to hide from that.

Though maybe he just wasn't putting enough trust into humanity anymore. Maybe they'd understand that Peter just didn't want people to feel the things he had. That he just didn't want people to hurt.