lll . e l e v e n • the case of the missing lifeguard

It was the next day after we all started on this Russian spy business, we were stationed inside Scoops Ahoy again. Robin was standing near the back counter with her headphones on  replaying the message that was recorded, and I was in the back staring at the board that included the message we decoded. I kept rereading it over and over again trying to piece any of it together, but all I could focus on was the dinging of the bell on the other side of the wall. 

"Holy shit" I whisper angrily as I stand up and walk towards the open window where Robin was leaning against

"Id like to try the peanut butter chocolate swirl, please." Lucas' sister Erika stated with a smug mile on her face, fully aware how annoying she was being.

"No. No more samples today." Robin told her and her smile some what dropped

"Why not?' Erika argued

"You tried every flavor at least three times, that's why not" I explain sending her a smug smile myself hoping she would stop

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware you worked here? Where is your uniform, is sailor man wearing it?" She asked picking up her smile again and I roll my eyes at the child.

"He's busy" I inform her leaning on the window

"With what?" she asked annoyed, and Robin and I share a look before speaking.

"Spycraft" Robin says with a smile and Erika stares at her without a care

"Spy-what? Never mind, I don't care. Can I get the sample or not?" Erika argued and Robin shook her head causing Erika to huff in annoyance and walk away.

"Finally" I whisper before heading back to the chair I was sitting in to stare at the board and hopefully figure something out.

It had been about ten to fifteen minutes of Steve and Dustin being gone on their quest to find Russians, and Robin and I hadn't gotten any farther to cracking the code.

"I hate this" I state leaning back in the chair and stretching

"Me too" Robin agreed with one part of her headphone pulled off her ear to listen to me.

"The silver cat" I whisper trying to isolate the clues hoping to find something, I could hear Robin reciting the sentence to herself as she flipped through the book she was using to translate the Russian, when there was a knock on the back door.

"Can you get that, it should be a package" Robin asked not making an effort to move or take her eyes off the book. I nod my head even though she didn't notice and I get up to answer the door.

"Delivery for you" the man in uniform said, and I give him a smile as I grab the box he is holding out

"I need you to sign" He states holding out his clipboard and I sigh

"Robin, you have to sign" I call back and I hear her sigh as well as she climbs through the window. I look around and inspect the delivery man as I wait for robin to fully make her way over to us. While staring at the man I noticed he had a silver cat on his uniform to represent lynx and I furrow my brows as I am reminded of the Russian code.

"Here you go" Robin states handing back the clipboard, and the man gives us a finale smile as he makes his way out of the doorway.