Chapter 16 - Advice

Jacob William

"Are you serious?" I looked at Nate flatly and he smirked before he gave Ian a high five.

"You told me that your skills is getting better?" I turned to Lucas and he sighed as he threw himself to the sofa. Me and my friends are currently playing bowling. They're in Toronto to have a meeting with other investors so they called me to ask if I'm in Toronto or not.

"He never gets better, he never even play bowling back at home." Crystal said as she drank her milkshake.

"You suck.." I said as I looked at the score once again.

"Is the bet still up?" Nate asked.

"Of course." Lucas said and I facepalmed myself. My phone rang and I got up to get it. I saw my grandpa's name on the screen. I saw debating if I should accept it or not because he's been ranting about the wedding since this morning.

"Hello."

"Where are you?"

"With my friends, why?" I asked.

"Please tell me that you're with Catherine." Shit! We did go out together but she said she wanted to meet her friend.

"Uhmm she told me that she's going to meet her friend so I dropped her at the mall." I said truthfully and I heard my grandpa's cursing on the other side.

"Okay.. don't be late for today's dinner." He said and ended the call. What's wrong with that old man? I decided to dial Catherine's number to ask where is she.

"Hello, where are you?" I asked her right away when she answered the phone.

"I was going to call you to ask you that." She answered.

"You're done meeting your friend?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll go to your place. Are you busy?" She asked and I looked at my friends.

"I'll send you the address." I said.

"Okay." She answered and ended the call. I sent her the address to her.  I put my phone down and Tatiana was looking at me curiously.

"What?"

"The girl?" She asked and I nodded.

"One more round?" Nate asked.

"Yeah, one round more." I said and we restarted the game. After 20 minutes of the game, Catherine came and she was shyly standing near the door. I walked to her and gestured her to follow me. She saw my friends and she smiled.

"I'm Catherine." She introduced herself and all of my friends turned their attention to Catherine.

"My fiance." I said and the boys nodded.

"Hi, Catherine. I'm Tatiana." Tatiana shook Catherine's hand.

"Nice to meet you." Catherine said.

"I'm Crystal." "I'm Nathaniel." "Lucas.." "I'm Ian, nice to meet you." They all greeted her.

"Nice to meet you all." Catherine said.

"Want to play one game with us? Just girls." Tatiana asked.

"Sure!" Catherine said and the girls walked towards the shoes rental to rent bowling shoes for Catherine.

"She's hot." Nate said.

"He's wild when Joan's not around." Ian said.

"So.. is the marriage planning going well?" Lucas asked.

"It's okay." I said as we continued to play. The girls played at the corner lane, they were laughing and talked a lot. I'm glad that Catherine can blend in with my friends.

"So.. you're saying that she used to be your secretary and you had no idea that she's a freaking billionare?" Nate asked.

"Yeah, I mean.. why should I care? She's just my secretary."

"You got a point but I always do a background check on my employee, so I won't face a serial killer or something." Lucas said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for that."

"You're busy.. I know." Ian said sarcasticly.

"So you never sleep with your secretary?" Nate asked and I turned to him wanting to kill him so bad.

"I guess that's a no." He said as he turned away.

"I mean.. I bet she acted different." Lucas said and I nodded.

"Totally.. it's like flipping a coin. Her true self came out when she's Catherine." I said as I reached for my lemon ade.

"She doesn't look like a secretary to me.. I mean how she acts around people. She looks proper, it's like she was polished to be a princess or a part of royalty." Ian commented.

"I thought about that too and she's really straight forward. She was ranting about how I acted at work and how I was merciless to my employees." I hissed.

"I mean.. you are." Lucas smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I just wish she has the calm personality like when she was my secretary." I said and I sipped my lemon ade.

"Maybe she's back to the real Catherine because she knew she's facing the real reality now." Nate said and that made sense. I mean.. she was working under me for 5 years. I still don't know why she wanted to work under me for 5 years but I like her personality back then. She was easy to control, caring, precise and the list goes on but now she's acting so different. I wonder who's the real Catherine?

"So.. you won't back off from the marriage right?" Ian suddenly asked.

"I don't know. I'm still playing along with my grandfather now." I said honestly.

"Marriage is a big deal though." Lucas said.

"Yeah, it is.." I nodded agreeing.

"But marriage is fun even though it's hard at first." Nate said.

"Fun but.. she told me that we can get a divorce after that." I said as I looked at them three. Ian and Nate shook their head.

"My wife filed a divorce paper and sent her divorce attorney to me when I helped this douchebag. She was pissed and damn I cried knowing that she's serious." Nate said and Lucas laughed.

"Divorce is not fun.. trust me, it's better not to get married than get married and have a divorce later on. It's about the money anymore, Jacob. Marriage will tie you together witthout you knowing. It ties your heart and soul even though you don't really like her at first but once you file for a divorce.. man.. I suggest you don't go through that path. I've been there and it's not fun." Ian said and I nodded.

"Thanks for the advice.. I'll think about it." I said.