24 ; t. m. riddle's diary ✔︎

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 1 : SCENE 2 : CHAPTER 24

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Hermione remained in the hospital wing for several weeks. There was a flurry of rumor about her disappearance when the rest of the school arrived back from their Christmas holidays, because of course everyone thought that she had been attacked. So many students either filed past the hospital wing trying to catch a glimpse of her or they approached Y/N to ask what happened, but she didn't say a word.

Theodore, Blaise, Daphne, and Y/N (and Anthony, occasionally) visited Hermione every morning, while Harry and Ron took the evenings. When the new term started, they ate breakfast with her every morning.

"You're drinking more milk than usual," said Theodore, spreading marmalade all over his toast. "Is it because of –"

"Shut up," Hermione interrupted quickly, downing her milk. "It is not because I'm part-cat. I like milk."

"She doesn't even like milk," Y/N whispered to them and hauled her bag over her shoulder. She planted a kiss on Hermione's furry forehead. "I gotta get to class, furball."

Hermione scowled.

Later that night, after Magical Theory (which Y/N now had by herself since Hermione was in the hospital), Y/N was heading down to the dungeons after skipping dinner to study, when she found herself standing in a river of water on the second floor. Y/N tracked the source to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and rolled her eyes. Pulling her robes up from the ground (and grateful she wore skirts) she stepped through the great wash of water to the door bearing its OUT OF ORDER sign, ignored it per usual, and entered.

"Elizabeth Myrtle Warren you dirty ghostly mistress, why are you flooding the second floor?" said Y/N in an oddly happy tone, and not even a second later did Ron and Harry join her.

"What's up, Myrtle?" said Harry.

"Who's all here?" glugged Myrtle miserably. "Come to throw something else at me?"

Harry (like the idiot he was) waded across to Myrtle's stall and said, "Why would I throw something at you?"

"Don't ask me," Myrtle shouted, emerging with a wave of yet more water, which splashed onto the already sopping floor. Y/N and Ron looked at each other. "Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me. . . ."

"But it can't hurt you if someone throws something at you," said Harry. Y/N and Ron immediately cringed. "I mean, it'd go right through you, wouldn't it?"

Myrtle puffed herself up and shrieked, "Let's all throw books at Myrtle, because she can't feel it! Ten points if you can get it through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head! Well, ha, ha, ha! What a lovely game, I don't think!"