Legolas - Not so bad

A/N: the song used is 1,000 lifetimes by Nathan Wagner

You'd been travelling with the fellowship since they had first been created. Though, you tried not to get any closer with them. A certain elf had caught you eye but you ignored it.

"We cannot travel this path any further." Gandalf sighed.
"What do you do now?!" Sam cried out.
"There is nothing for miles around Gandalf." Gimli whispered.
"Yes there is." You pipped up.

Everyone fell silent and you pointed towards a dense woodland in front of you.

"Are you mad?!" Legolas yelled, "that's the land of the shifters we'll be dead before we get there!"
"We'll be safe!" You argued.
"Shifters are wild beasts!"

You clenched your jaw and looked away, his words hurt but he didn't know. Of course he didn't.

"Enough!" Gandalf cut you both off, "(Y/N) is right. We'll be safer passing through the shifters lands."
"Who are the shifters?" Frodo asked.
"The shifter are humans, though the posses the ability to shifter into animals at will. Each family has an animal. The royal family are the lions, the next family down are the wolves then the bears." Gandalf explained.

Everyone gave you a confused look as to why you wanted to go there so much, but you simply started to walk forward ignoring their questioning gazes.

It was almost half a day later before you arrived to the tree line. Birds chirped, but as soon as you stepped foot it all went silent.

"We can still go back." Boromir hissed.
"Just follow me." You sighed.
"Stay behind (Y/N) and do NOT wonder of. The shifters can be a bit funny at times."

You shot Gandalf a secret half glare and carried on until you reached a cave entrance.

"Through here."

You ushered everyone through and followed last, stepped in, a huge forest city came to life. Children ran about while adults talked or wondered around. At the top of a large tree was what seemed to be a castle.

"Come, we must be fast."

You quickly led everyone through, dodging a couple of foxes and a cat. The entrance to the castle stood tall and you walked in with hesitation.

"My daughter returns!"

Laughing, you ran up to the man and jumped on him. Hugging him tightly.

"Father! It is good to see you, I bring friends. We need to stay a few days."

"Of course, of course! Any friend of yours is a friend of mine! Quickly make some rooms!" The King boomed.

People ran out the room and you collapsed on the throne with a sigh.

"My lord, we thank you." Gandalf bowed.
"Now, none of that. You may call me Leo. Tell me little creatures what are you? I've seen dwarfs, elves, wizards and humans before but none of your kind."
"I am Frodo Baggins, these are my friends Sam, Pippin and Merry we're hobbits."

Your father hummed and your snorted, catching Legolas' eyes before he quickly turned away. With a huff you you swiftly stood up headed to the window.

"I'll be off father."
"You will not stay for dinner my child?" He asked sadly.
"Not today, but I will find you before I sleep."

With that you jumped down, landing on the floor as you quickly ran around the town. Finding your favourite shop, you grabbed a guitar from the front, chucked more than enough coins on the counter and ran off again, quickly climbing to the top of the tallest tree you watched watched the world around you before you sat down as you begun to softly strum the strings, unaware that a certain elf had followed.

I've loved a thousand loves
and I've kissed a thousand lips

From his hiding spot, Legolas' eyes widened slightly, your voice was softer than he had ever heard it before.

I've tasted every sound
From a golden goblet sipped
Sometimes it's hard to face the day
Just close my eyes and drift away
In these lands I travel deep I see clearest when I fall asleep

Legolas held his breath as he listened, he could hear every words you sang clearly and he couldn't take his eyes away from you.

Just 'cause you close your eyes
Doesn't mean you see things worse Sometimes visions the Illuminative curse
This world isn't all it seems
See I've lived a thousand lifetimes in my dreams

A soft smile spread across your face as you closed your eyes to belt out the words with all the emotion you had. Only one thing was on your mind.

Legolas.

I've been a million places and I've met a thousand friends
I've sailed the oceans peaceful and I've seen the worlds end
Sometimes the roses fade to gray
Just close my eyes and drift away
To all the worlds I have made
I see clearest when I fall asleep

Legolas found himself gazing at you more, slowly creeping from his spot to see you better. Only one thing on his mind, only one thing mattered as he closed his eyes with a little smile.

You.

Just 'cause you close your eyes
Doesn't mean you see things worse
Sometimes visions the Illuminative curse
This world isn't all it seems
See I've lived a thousand lifetimes in my dreams, woah
And I escape
When I leave this place
I'm not looking back
From this prison break
I've been crowned as kingand I've fallen on hard times
I've been noble in my deeds but committed heartless crimesFor all that it's worth
Imagination gave it birth
These words that I sing
Are a piece of hope that I will bring
Just 'cause you close your eyes
Doesn't mean you see things worse
Sometimes visions the Illuminative curse
This world isn't all it seems
See I've lived a thousand lifetimes in my dreams
And I've lived a thousand lifetimes in my dreams

You sang the last word and strummed the last chord as you sighed and placed the guitar on the ground. Keeping your eyes closed for a second before opening them and gasping.

Your eyes didn't meet empty space. No. They met with the elf Prince's eyes and neither of you spoke a word.

"That was beautiful..." he breathed.
"Thank you..." you whispered.

Again it went silent, you heard Legolas get up and walked a little closer as he took a seat next to you.

"I... am sorry for what I said about shifters." "It's fine, you didn't know." You smiled.
"Why would you not tell us?"
"Shifters aren't exactly liked as you know."
"They are very different to what we thought." "Elves aren't so bad either." You laughed.

You both went quiet again, so you laid down and gazed up at the blue sky. Legolas glanced down at you, he felt something in his chest as he looked at you.

"You're very beautiful..."
"What?" "N...nothing." He stuttered.

Smiling, you looked at the flustered elf and rolled your eyes. Sitting up, you leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"You know Legolas, you're pretty adorable. Come on, let's head back down."

Taking his hand, you pulled him up and grabbed the guitar. Lacing your fingers with his, you couldn't help but smile. His hand was a perfect fit, that's how you knew Legolas was the one