O N E

Stay quiet, stay quiet

Stay quiet, stay quiet... Sumire thought to herself as she carefully creeped through the back of the classroom.

There wasn't as much pressure when there wasn't a professional hero and a room full of twenty aspiring heroes to catch her snooping. She just needed to get a quick peek at the class that was her primary reason for being there. There was so much information that could be gathered from just five minutes in a classroom dynamic.

It was still summer break for the students, but the teacher called them together to further their training, so they were bustling about and discussing their new dorms and laughing with one another, with the exception of a few bitter or serious characters.

She needed to know and understand the students and the teachers, particularly this class that has been making so many appearances - positive and negative - in the media.

But as she was focused on one of the students with beady red eyes and spiky blonde hair, smoke practically billowing from his ears in anger, she made a foolish mistake.

Hovering low by her ankles was an extremely muscular tail, lazily and thoughtlessly waving back and forth as its owner chatted with some of his friends. All it took was a small bump into the log-like tail to completely blow her cover.

She tripped, then struggled to regain her balance, revealing her presence to the entire class as they turned to her to see what the commotion was.

Embarrassed, Sumire tried to disappear again, but her quirk was silenced. At the classroom entrance, she met the glowing red eyes of a man whose messy black hair began to lift and float above his head.

Sighing and accepting defeat, she whined, "Eraser Head..."

"You're clumsy for a stealth hero." The tall and slender man erasing her ability to use her quirk critiqued in a low and tired voice, drawing on the syllables of his words as if he were just waking up.

She pouted and dramatically gestured to the student's massive tail. "Well, I'm sorry I didn't realize I had to watch for a giant tail."

He blinked, and his tousled black layers fell back down around his shoulders as he approached the center of the classroom in front of the chalkboard. The young woman felt a sudden sense of freedom to use her quirk, but at this point there was no longer any reason to do so.

Murmurs and whispers made their ways through the students as they wondered who Sumire was and why she was there.

"Do you care to explain who you are, Phantomess?" The teacher suggested in a tone that didn't seem like a question at all. Having both been heroes that preferred working in the shadows and out of the limelight, she and Eraser Head knew each other, but barely, only crossing each other's paths when they were hunting down similar types of villains. Even then, neither hero was fond of unnecessary conversation. They formally met a few days prior in which the U.A. transitioned into a boarding-style high school.