Nine

A silver Volvo was parked out front Monday morning with Edward Cullen leaning besides it. Bella came bounding down the stairs where Katherine stood by the front door looking at her sister questionably.

"Why is Edward Cullen parked out front of the house?"

"Um, he's giving me a ride to school." She stammered.

"He your boyfriend?"

"Is Rosalie your girlfriend?" Bella countered, causing Katherine to glare. She grabbed the keys to the truck. "What are you doing?" Katherine raised an eyebrow.

"It's not just your truck Bella." She rolled her eyes before making her way out of the house. She looked over at Edward who gave her a curt nod. Getting in the truck she threw her bag on the passengers seat. Anxiety crept up on her, this being the first time driving since she got to Forks. Luckily she started working soon, hoping to get a car of her own, or get Phil's old car, her mom and Phil had 3 cars and she like Phil's jeep wrangler that used to just sit in the garage in Phoenix.

Katherine was wary on her way to school but managed to get there in one piece. Parking, a hand instantly hit the window startling her.

"Shit, sorry." Mike Newton stood outside the passengers side looking embarrassed, thinking it was Bella. Katherine got out of the truck. "So you're Bella's sister?" Mike asked causing her to roll her eyes.

"I have a name you know?" Mike blushes.

"Um, right. Sorry...Katherine. Where's Bella?" As if on cue, Edward's silver Volvo came riding through the parking lot, parking not that far from her. Mike was shocked seeing Edward and Bella in the car. Edward walked around, and opened the door for Bella. They held hands as they walked close, up towards the school. Katherine was surprised as well, due to her twin's awkward nature she never had much experiences when it came to boys.

'Good for her.' She thought.

Making her way up Rosalie and her sibling all sat in her convertible, the hood was down, revealing all of them. Her eyes met Alice's first who beamed at her, waving with a toothy grin. Rosalie looks as well, her eyes discreetly checking her out. Katherine was wearing the new top Alice got her paired with dark skinny jeans and her black and white vans. Hair pulled away from her face with loose strands coming down the sides. She was breathtaking.

"Go talk to her." Alice motioned towards the brunette's retreating figure.

"Did you make her your girlfriend yet?" Emmett leaned forward.

"Shut up Emmett."

"Ooh did I strike a nerve?" He half smirked and grinned. Rosalie's quick annoyance diminished as soon as it started.

Alice chuckles.

"Let's get to class." She says, starting to get out of the car, Jasper quick to be by her side. Holding hands they walked with the other students, Rosalie and Emmett right behind them.

-

Katherine sat scribbling notes in chemistry, Kelly sat next to her since they were lab partners.

"Hey." Kelly whispered. Katherine looked over at her. "What are you doing after school today?"

"My dad's going to be home early today, so my sister and I are going to grab dinner with him." Kelly nodded.

"Oh okay." She turned away.

"I think I'm free after." Kelly smiles.

"You wanna hangout?" Katherine shrugged.

"Sure."