Early Morning

A few years back, before Winter entered the Atlas Military School...

(y/n) POV

I suit up, putting on my work uniform. Clean white polo underneath a vest then a coat, lastly a grey tie. I head straight towards the room of my master. As I head there, Klein, a fellow butler, walks with me with a smile underneath his moustache. It seems he too is going to his duties...

"Your master wants to see you immediately (y/n). I believe it'd be best if you hurry up" he advised, a towel hung on his arm.

"Yeah... well, from the looks of things, you have more things to handle than me" I replied, returning the smile "I seriously don't know how you do it..."

"Really?" he seemed rather surprised by my words "I always thought the same about you. I mean, you ARE a personal butler"

"You've been doing this for years" I countered as we stood in front of the doors of the ones we'll be serving. Their two grand bedrooms were right next to each other, appropriate for the two siblings. 

"But if I recall correctly, you've been doing this ever since you were a little child"

I merely shrugged as I remembered how I was back then "Well, this is what I've always wanted"

Klein patted me on the back "Goodluck"

"Back to you old man" and with a laugh, we went to work.

I put on my gloves before knocking on the door. Hearing a grunt, I proceeded, entering the room with a faint smile "Goodmorning milady"

The sight of a white haired woman splattered on the bed greeted me, a muffled "Goodmorning" was her answer. 

"Wake up ma'am, I'd get scolded by future YOU if you don't" I said, knowing how she hates waking up late yet at the same time loves her sleep. This paradox only has me as its victim.

"Not my problem..." I whip the curtains open, letting the sunlight burst forth, effectively waking up the Winter's better half "Ow... What time is it?"

"Time to wake up" I simply stated before looking at watch.

"Not the answer I'm looking for..." she stretched her body, yawning in the process. The thin white polo hugged her body showing off the fact that she has reached puberty. Naked underneath and only wearing her underwear, I turned making sure to resist the temptation of being indecent with my master.

Opening her cabinet and tossing her more appropriate clothes, mainly shorts I moved for the door "Get changed for breakfast" and then I went out, standing close to the door.

"What's for breakfast?" Winter asked through the door.

"Hotdogs, bacon and eggs or a sandwich?"

"Hmm... your sandwiches are pretty good" she admitted. I've been cooking for a long time and she always did favor that.

"Wrong answer, we're having bacon and eggs" 

The door opened and out came Winter. Her long white hair was left untied and covered right eye "Shouldn't you be more respectful to your master?" she asked, a smile of amusement on her face.

"I would... IF she deserved it" 

She giggled, covering her mouth as we both walked towards the dining room "Haha... Goodmorning (y/n)..."

I too, smiled, looking at her with confidence "Goodmorning milady"

"I told you already, call me Winter" she began scolding me.

"I'm afraid that's another one of your orders I will disobey"

"We've been friends ever since we were young. We're at the same age as well. Having you call me 'milady or miss or ma'am' freaks me out" she pointed out.

It is true, we're childhood friends and of the same age. Still, it's my job "It's my job to do so. Would you rather have it that I call you 'Mistress' then?" I teased.

"Wha!? Eww!" her reaction as usual was amusing to say the least "I don't know how you can make THAT sound so wrong"

"It's all on your head mistress"

She turned towards me, her body shivered when I called her mistress "Call me that again and I'll have your coffee supply cut off for a week"

We both stared each other down, a smirk on her face as I looked at her with hopeless eyes "You win. Now hurry, your breakfast might get cold and I have a sandwich to make"

"Thank you" she sounded excited now "Could you put in some cheese in there? Rather, I demand that you put cheese in there"

"So long as you eat your vegetables" as we walked on, I had to comment "Your 'house' is unnecessarily huge... We just had a whole conversation whilst walking from your bedroom to your dining room"

"You've been here for what—10 years and your only complaining about that now?"

"I've been getting older" then I pointed out "And it's YOU ARE, as in a contraction. NOT the possessive which is the one you just used" I corrected.

There was a long moment of silence before she finally speaks again "You can see what I'm saying?"

"I eat a lot of carrots unlike you" and as she laughed in front of the door of the dining room, I was reminded why I wanted this all along.

"Got it, I'll eat more carrots"

And with that, our morning started...