8

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 8. The Hybrid 

   That day, Annikah walked into the Southern Comfort bar, wearing heeled boots and a plunging black tank top with jeans

   That day, Annikah walked into the Southern Comfort bar, wearing heeled boots and a plunging black tank top with jeans. She spotted Ray Sutton sitting at the bar, causing her lips to curl upwards before she made her way over to him. She took a seat at the bar, about to order a drink when Ray spoke up, just as she expected, "Hey there." He greeted her, leading her to turn her head to see him smiling at her, "The name's Ray. What's yours?"

"Ann." She responded, moving closer to him.

The man was silent for a long moment, clearly recognizing that she was a wolf. She had the same scent that he did, which meant they shared the same supernatural trait. He eyed her up and down and Annikah smiled back at him.

Ray moved closer to her, placing a hand on her back as he began to speak to her in a whisper, "What do you say we get out of here, beautiful?" He asked her quietly, causing Annikah to smile in victory.

Annikah laughed, running her hand down his chest as she spoke to him, "Buy me a drink and perhaps I'll say yes."

As Ray turned to speak to the bartender, a hand gripped onto Annikah's arm, causing her to roll her eyes and sigh in defeat. She turned her head, finding Klaus angrily glaring at Ray, "Ray? Ray Sutton?" Klaus questioned, causing Ray to turn to him.

"Who wants to know?" Ray asked, looking skeptical of Klaus as he glanced between him and Annikah.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you." Klaus explained without a care in the world, but Ray immediately began alarmed.

"I think I'll be going," He quickly responded, about to leave when Annikah blocked his path.

"Not so fast, love," She argued, a grin on her face, "You only just got here. Your type are very hard to come by, let me tell you."

Ray turned away from Annikah, about to walk the other way when he bumped into Stefan, who was standing there, "I wouldn't do that." Stefan told the man, pushing him back to the counter.

"Vampires," Ray realized, clenching his jaw in anger.

"You're swifty swift, Ray," he paused, picking up the beer from the bar counter, "Yes, my friend here is a vampire. He compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. She and I, however, are different kinds of monsters. She's got some wolf, she's got some witch while I've got some wolf and some vampire." Klaus explained, a smile on his face, which caused Ray to look horrified by the revelation.

"You what?" Ray asked, glancing between Klaus and Annikah in horror.

"A hybrid, Ray, both of us are. You see, I want to create more of me. Now, you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended, Ray!" Klaus began to inform Ray, earning an eye roll from Annikah, "I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them, Ray?"