Chapter 5

Harry gave himself a weird look in the mirror when he stood wearing baggy jeans, a blue and white flannel, and white Converse sneakers. He hated it. He put no make up on and hurried to get to the front door without his mother seeing.

"Bye Mum! Love you!" He called before racing out and getting in his car, driving away. When he pulled up to the school and stepped out of the car, Jason was standing by his car with his friends. He looked over, his eyes widening at his boyfriend, a frown displayed on his face. Harry looked away and walked inside.

Jason excused himself from his friends to use the bathroom, when he was really going to see Harry. He met Harry at his locker, hiding behind the door.

"Harry?" He said. Harry turned around but couldn't look at him. "Harry, w-what are you wearing?" He bit his lip nervously, slowly looking at him.

"I just wanted to try something," Jason looked down, guilt building up.

"You shouldn't change who you are because of them," he said. "I-I'm so sorry for What happened yesterday," Harry shook his head.

"Really? Because you didn't even text me at all yesterday or call just to see if I was fine. I understand that you don't want to come out right now. It's fine. I get that, but you could've still checked on me after you were with them. I thought I meant a bit more to you than that,"

"You do! I care so much about you Harry, and I really like you. We're dating. I wouldn't if I didn't like you. I'm sorry. This is all just so new to me and I didn't know what to do," Harry put his hand up to shush him.

"It's okay. I'm going to home room," he didn't let Jason day anymore before walking into homeroom, being the first one there as usual. Louis didn't look up, already knowing it was Harry.

"Hey, Harry,"

"Good morning, Mr. Tomlinson," he said as he walked to his seat. Louis raised his eyebrow downy at the paper he was looking at when he didn't hear the usual click of Harry's heels. He looked up, his eyes widening. Harry was already looking at him. He kept averting his eyes, feeling self conscious, especially without his make up.

"Not to sound rude, but what are you wearing?" Harry looked back at him.

"I wanted to try and be normal for once," he said shyly.

"Harry," he said. "That's not how you overcome something like this," the green-eyed teenager shrugged. "Don't let them bully you into becoming someone you're not," he paused. "This," He said and gestured to Harry's outfit. "Is not Harry Styles. You need to wear your skirts and dresses with pride and walk with your head held high. For one, I think you look great in your skirts and dresses," Harry didn't think anything of the unintentional flirty comment, but Louis cursed to himself in his head.

"I have, Mr. Tomlinson. I've lived my life trying to ignore people who make comments and bully me. It's tiring... you don't understand," Louis shook his head.

"I do, though Harry. I, too, am openly gay," Harry's eyes widened.

"Y-You are?" He nodded his head with a smile. "I've been bullied too, been called names that I never even knew what they meant. But I didn't let them control me,"

Harry went to say more, but a girl walked in and took a seat in her assigned seat, bringing the conversation to an end.

"Good morning Nina," he said.

"Morning Mr. Tomlinson," She was texting away on her phone, completely uninterested in her teacher or Harry. When she looked up, however and saw Harry, she was taken back. She didn't say anything though, minding her own business.