John Lennon - Meeting The Nowhere Boy - Part 2

A week had gone by since you'd met the band that were calling themselves The Quarrymen. And John Lennon. But you were about to meet him again.

"(Y/N)!" You heard from outside your bedroom window accompanied by the tap of stones on the glass. That would only be one person. The voice was easily identifiable as Paul's but the question was; were you really in the mood for company this late at night? Sighing, you walk over to your window, opening it fully. You rest an place on the windowpane, so you can lean out a bit and look down to see Paul standing on your garden. However, the McCartney boy was not alone.

Next to him stood John Lennon; hands in his pockets and an unreadable expression on his face. Now that was unexpected.

"Do you know what time it is?" You scold.

"Yeah sorry, but I've got amazin' news!" He whisper-yells.

"No need to keep it down now, Mac, if anyone was home they'd have been woken up anyway." You roll your eyes. He always thought he was very subtle when trying to get your attention but he wasn't and had often woken up your dad.

Both boys had smiles on their faces. Suddenly you're curious and also filled with dread considering who Paul is with right now.

"Can we come in then?" Paul asks. "It's cold out 'ere, y'know."

They see the window being pulled shut and you disappear out of their vision. John looks at the younger lad with a frown on his face, unsure of what was happening. You just disappeared without a word like you had given up on the conversation out of nowhere.

"What's she-?"

"Give 'er a second."

And a moment after the words left Paul's mouth, the front door swung open. You stood there, in your laziest clothes, with messy hair and arms folded. Honestly, you looked just as good as the other day, despite less effort. But maybe that was just his opinion.

"Come in then. Let's hear it."

"Hm? What?"

"Your news. The reason you woke up our entire neighbourhood?" You sigh. The realisation washes over his pink cheeks as he begins walking towards you. Lennon trails behind, silently.

Your friend happily moves past you into the house, meaning you're now face to face with John. Now after meeting him the other day you never would imagine that would be trying to enter your home accompanied by your good friend, who probably spent more time in your house than either of your parents.

"Found you." He whispered.

"Mac, tell me why John Lennon is following you into my house?" You loudly address your friend, who is now standing in your hallway as a way to not respond directly to his comment.

"Oh, well er, that's part of the news."

You give him an expecting look, as if telling him to continue but he just stares back blankly. Clearly getting no where with Paul, you turn back to look at Lennon. Fine, just this once you will let him in and you will be civil for the sake of your friend. But if you ever saw him in public, you'd pretend that he was nothing more than a tree or a bench and walk by.

"You coming in then?" You move out of the way a little more so that he can.

"Oh, am I invited?"

"Just get in the bleedin' house." You put a hand on his shoulder and shove him past you, to stand next to Macca. Both boys suppress a laugh as they go and make themselves at home.

Your house was often empty because of the nature of your parents jobs, making you quite a lonely person when Paul was busy, as a lot of your friends didn't like coming around this area. That just meant that you could play your records a little bit louder and have conversations late at night with the irritating neighbour boy. He really was your closest friend and you were likely his most trusted confidante.