Arthur Morgan: Assassin Part 2

Arthur Morgan X Assassin Female Reader

Summary: You left Arthur a note, telling him that you owe him, now it's time to pay your debt. It turns out much better than you could ever have planned.

Word Count: 2400

Arthur had kept the note that you had left him, it's not like he was sentimental over it or clutched it to his chest as he slept. Sometimes he would just read it and it would bring an amused smile to his face.

"I owe you. If you ever need a job done, find me"

Whenever he read it, all he could wonder was 'how in Hell does she expect me to find her?' Then he would wonder whether you ever planned on having him find you, perhaps it was just one last joke you wanted to make before you disappeared for good. Arthur remembered the look that you gave him before you vanished, it was like you were teasing him, it was like you knew that he wouldn't be able to find you. He wondered that if he ever managed to track you down if you would even do a job for him like your note promised.

Arthur hadn't searched for you, mainly because he wouldn't even know where to begin, finding people was your expertise not his. He just assumed that he would never see you again, something about that was disappointing to Arthur.

-----

Arthur sat in the saloon that was closest to the camp, he had decided to get away from the camp and take a break from it all for a short while. The saloon was pretty quiet and not very buy, only a few men were sitting inside with drinks in front of them. It wasn't too late, it was somewhere in the middle of the afternoon.

"Mr Morgan, it's nice to see you again" a familiar voice spoke from behind him, making Arthur smirk a little to himself. He truly thought that he would never see you again.

"It's nice to see you when a man isn't about to die" Arthur smirked as he looked at you, watching you sit down beside him at the bar.

"That's true...how have you been?" You asked, giving him a small smile before ordering a drink.

"Not bad, you?" He shrugged, taking a sip from his drink.

"Pretty good. Picked up a few jobs since I wasn't focused on seeing Colm's demise" you shrugged, almost like you were imitating him. You were trying to read Arthur's body language to get some sort of idea about how he was feeling but he wasn't giving much away.

"I'm sure it opened up a lot of time for you" Arthur said as the bartender placed your drink down in front of you and you paid him.

"It did" you chuckled with a small nod.

"How did you expect me to find you?" Arthur asked after a short pause, turning to look at you.

"I didn't...if I wanted you to find me I would've at least left a clue" you answered him with a small shrug. You know that you told him to find you but you knew that he wouldn't be able to, you never left any clues that he could use to find you.

"Then why did you tell me to find you if I needed a job done?" He asked, obviously confused by your actions. You decided not to mention the fact that Arthur seemed disappointed by the fact that you didn't leave him any clues.

"Think of it more as a...'see you later' message. I knew that you wouldn't be able to find me without some sort of information but I would find you" you told him honestly. You had always planned on finding Arthur again after you sorted everything out.

"Why did you come to talk to me now?" Arthur asked, wondering why you had left such an amount of time before tracking him down again.

"I had to wait for everything to calm down with the O'Driscolls and pick up a few jobs to make some money, then I came to see you" you explained before taking a sip from your drink.