Chapter 65

"Two of us isn't enough," I deadpanned leaning against the wall while he looked over the wall that was easily six meters tall I put my thumbnail between my teeth while I thought of a way up. The three had gone ahead because it wasn't like they could help and it was a solo territory anyway.

       "How high can you jump?" He asked while I glanced at him.

       "About two and a half feet, I can get three with a running start," I answered staring at him, if he had a plan, I was willing to give it a try rather than wait from someone else.

      "I'm just about the same," He mumbled taking a few steps back to look at the top.

      "What'd you bring?" I asked with a sigh, his question clearly now going to be explained to me.

      "The clothes on my back," Staring flatly at him as they were still mildly damp I did my very best to let him know how idiotic that was with my face. "How about you?"

      "Nothing that could-" The clothes on his back. His back. Defense field. "How tall are you?" I asked pushing off the wall to take a few steps back 

       "5'11 why?"

      "How strong's your shield?" I asked looking for anything that could give me even the smallest of boosts. 

       "Why-"

      "How strong is your shield?" I growled shooting him a glare not having the time to deal with his curiosity.

      "... It could stop a dragon's claw," Grinning a took a few more steps back.

      "Well then, it seems we can do this after all, can you shape it?"

      "... Some," Oh lovely. "But this is a no magic event,"

      "Defence and force fields stopped being considered true magic four years ago, this is a no true magic event. Every other magic is free game, and you have a very convenient magic I could never learn, one we can use, now, listen up because I'm not explaining this twice,"

       "Ready?" I asked as he sighed, nodding anyway, he still wasn't sure if we'd get disqualified. Licking my lips I shook my head gently and ran straight at him, his field nearly transparent, small waves almost like heat coming off it as I slammed my foot into it. Right left right left. With a few simple steps, I shot up the side, my fingers grasping the edge as I sighed in relief.

        I didn't have to wait.

        Pulling myself up I twisted my body and sat at the top, the real problem presenting itself. I wasn't too sure if I could get him up. "This is humiliating," 

     "This is victory," I threw back tossing him the rope from my waist, made from the clothes off his back. Mine too. "At least I didn't take your pants," I hummed it was good luck that our shirts and my jacket were enough. Wouldn't have been if he didn't wear like three freaking shirts.

     "I know I haven't asked yet but, why is it you have a tattoo? You're fifteen correct? The legal age for such things would be twenty," He questioned while he climbed, glancing at my stomach, which was visible, as I had nearly forgotten that the circle was permanently carved into my flesh.

     "You are right on all accounts, I did it myself, backup plans are always necessary, my mother nearly skinned me for it too," I hummed taking his hand, our casual conversation being ruined by a tear just as our hands met. Suddenly his full weight was in my arm and the handmade rope went slack. "Oh my stars! You're tearing my arm off," I wheezed, my other hand holding the wall so we didn't fall.

        His free hand swung up, toss his side of the rope over, while he got a grip on the wall and pulled himself up. Rolling my shoulder with a wince I grumbled about having almost gotten it dislocated. Huffing I threw my legs over the wall and dropped to the side I should have been on a while ago. 

      Looking at which was torn I was left cursing as it was my shirt. It was an ordinary shirt but come on. I liked it. With a long slow breath, I untied my jacket and throw his shirts at him. Pulling it on I pulled the strange contraption up, closing it, and started jogging without so much as saying goodbye. 

     I should have worn the full outfit.