Chapter 33: Big Brother's Worry (Karlheinz part 5)

One day of memories only takes a couple of seconds for Karlheinz to receive. After all, he is the Vampire King, one of the dominating powers in the demon world. Regularly speaking, the transfer of memories requires high-level magic, meaning, an average pure-blood vampire would take a week just for a day of memories.

So, up to the current present, we can assume that Karlheinz already recovered most of the memories relating to Kazz.

While holding Krul in his arms every night, Karlheinz witness as the time past by with him, his beloved, and his "experiments."

_ _ _

Karlheinz continued to take the Mukamis out for lessons. He wanted them to adapt quickly, so in the future, they won't have any problems hunting.

Soon, as Karlheinz planned, the Mukamis started treating humans like livestock, showing no remorse killing them. Being a vampire is not the only reason for this behavior—Treated like livestock in the orphanage, is it wrong to give them the same treatment? Mukamis felt strong resentment against humanity. They were abused, taken advantage of, and dehumanized. 

However, no one lent them a helping hand during everything of that! The only one good to them are their brothers and their, Master, Karlheinz, everyone else didn't matter.

Though, when it was Kazz's time to hunt, they were against letting their little brother dirty his little hands. It took a lot of courage for the Mukamis to confront Karlheinz about this issue. Ruki took the lead and explained his concern to his Master.

Karlheinz listened and nodded his head as a response. "For now on, Kazz would be dismissed from hunting. However, he still must attend the hunt to watch. As for compensation, he will also have a separate lesson. Inform your brother. You are dismissed." Karlheinz realized that Kazz hunting humans will not benefit the little vampire. I can't allow him to drink their revolting blood, only my blood will satisfy him. 

After teleporting, Ruki quickly followed Karlheinz directions. Even though he was glad that Kazz wouldn't have to kill, his eyebrows wrinkled on the thought of his little brother's new "lesson." He deeply respects the Vampire King, but it's also true that he doesn't trust him. He never fooled himself that Karlheinz saved them out of "good heart."

When Kazz obtained the news, he warmly smiled at Ruki, "Brother, don't tell me you're worried about me?"

Ruki walked towards Kazz and rubbed the little guy's head. "Of course. Not just me, all of us are concerned about you. We're your older brothers, it's our job to protect you, our little brother. We don't want you to stain your hands." Compare to his other brothers, Ruki only uses his gentle voice on Kazz. Ruki looked down, meeting his brother's bright eyes. They sparkle like jewels. As far as he can remember when he first saw Kazz, his head was always lowered. He refused to look at anyone in the eye, afraid that he would get beaten up, or worst, be taken advantage of if they took a liking to his face.

The first thought that came to Ruki's head when he first saw him was What a loser. From afar, Kazz looks like any other kid in the orphanage, eyes were devoid of hope, bottomless and hollow. Really annoying.

After Kazz's first impression, Ruki didn't even bother paying attention to him anymore. Not until Kou introduce the younger kid to him. In the beginning, he was annoyed, he doesn't have any sympathy to play the big brother for the loser. Why would he? In the orphanage, you have to be strong or else you wind up dead in the trash. Kazz needs to carry his own weight. Nevertheless, he allowed Kazz to join him since the kid never treated him like dirt like everyone else. In the orphanage, the only kids who were decent to him were Azusa, Kou, Yuma, and Kazz.

Kazz had a very timid personality, which annoys him a lot. Whenever the kid apologizes for every little thing, Ruki really wants to beat him up. You're not the only person suffering, so don't act so pitiful! Like every one of us, no one will save you!

Ruki was a little relieved when the little kid started to change little by little. His weak personality was getting better each day. Day one, he doesn't cover his face anymore with his bangs. Day five, he became more talkative, though when he spoke, it was always soft and quiet. Day 14, he wasn't afraid to look up anymore. Day 29, he showed us his first smile. Day 43, his eyes finally shown hope. Realizing they will escape "Hell" one day. Day 78, he can finally stand up for himself. That day, he was also thrown into the punishment cell for the first time. Then a few days before the escape, Kazz finally took courage and disobeyed someone with authority. The Mukamis were so proud of him since that someone has always been using him for 

"entertainment." The meaning of "entertainment" is the same for Kazz and Kou, they were whipped, cut, beaten, and tortured, physically abused in all possible ways.

We suffered so brutally...How come your eyes still shine so bright?

Ruki, without a warning, pulled the smaller boy who barely even reach his shoulder, into an awkward hug.

"B-brother? Something wrong?" Kazz was 'puzzled.'

"Nothing, just..." Ruki held him tighter. Stay this way. Don't let anyone corrupt you. Including us. You need to be our light. Your brothers are monsters now Kazz... At least you...

Hearing a painful tone in his voice, Kazz doesn't know what to say. He could only keep silent and returned the hug.

Wearing his usually stoic face, Ruki released him. "As scheduled. Starting tomorrow, your brothers will teach you how to love. We'll meet in the garden, understood?"

"Yes, brother!" Kazz nodded obediently, secretly stirring Ruki's S-do personality.

Ruki slightly smiled before teleporting to his other brothers to inform them the news. When Ruki was gone, Kazz's smile quickly turned into a bitter frown. What's going on his brother's head, he knew all of it. Sorry brother, but I'm not the Kazz you all think I am.

Author's Note

Light Angst? I need Kazz to go through some character development? I don't know? 

Thanks for reading~