60 ❀ DNA

Ezra POV

          Ezra POV

     The brush of cream skin against the whole right side of my body rouses me from my deep sleep. My whole body buzzes with awareness. Memories from last night jolt into my brain and my mouth parts.

     I'd never thought my life could be this good.

     Klepto lays against me, legs entangled with mine. I brush the dark hair from her face, admiring her full cheeks and dark eyebrows. She slumbers peacefully. A bright pink scab smiles back at me from her neck. The perfect imprint of my teeth, my bite, my mark.

     My fingertips reach out to brush the skin there, gently pressing into it, feeling my claim. The connection between us has grown stronger.

    Since the moment I gave her my mark, and she gave me hers, I felt every emotion that crossed her mind. When we danced and partied the night away I experienced her joy and her excitement. When we cut the cake and ate a couple of slices, I felt her joy.

     Then... well then we came home and had a night to ourselves I felt every moment of her love. The amount of love that my she-wolf has for me leaves me speechless. I'm still in awe of it.

    Yesterday was pure heaven. There isn't another day I've lived so far that compares to it. We danced, we sang, we drank, we loved. I run a hand over Klepto's bare back.

     I wouldn't trade it for anything.

     Slowly but surely, I climb out of bed. The blankets slip off of me and I grab them to cover up my sweet mate. She sighs in contentment, nestling deeper into the mountain of blankets and pillows.

     The house is chilly this morning. The snow outside is higher than it was last night. I close the curtains to make it darker and preserve the warmth in the room. Then I bend down over my precious girl, kissing her brow before slipping out of the room.

     I'm still as naked as the day I was born. Luckily Ace offered to watch the boys so we can have a very short lived honeymoon. I wish it could be longer than a few days, but there's a lot to be done.

     The aftermath of the Red Alpha is a mess. The Guard is in regular contact with us, us being Veiler, Savannah, and I. They are still tracking her down, but haven't had much luck with any leads.

     Alpha Veiler has been very involved in news regarding the situation. He's in the same predicament as me, he wants to find her no matter how hard it may be.

     I sigh as I heave the refrigerator door open and pull out a carton of eggs. I hold it in my hands as I picture Klepto's face in my mind and know that she's more important to me than all of this mess.