30~ Lights Out Baby

[Your POV]
A knock on the door woke me up.

I didn't even remember falling asleep honestly. In fact, I didn't expect to because after nightmare. My mindset was not to sleep for the next 1 million years if that's what it took to avoid the necromancer that seemed to be intent on ravaging my mind.

I yawned and glanced at the clock.

It was 5:03 AM.

Who the heck could be knocking on the door so early in the morning? If it wasn't the police (with a warrant) I was going to love induce them into a wall for the next five years for coming at such a God-awful hour.

I slowly rolled off the couch, my spine letting out no less than eight sharp cracks as it straightened.

Another knock came from the door, more impatient.

Maybe I was just going to love induce this person regardless if they were the FBI or police.

I peeked into the peephole of the door and immediately surprise flickered through me. Quickly I popped open the hotel door. "Jungkook what the heck are you doing in the hallway?"

Jungkook quickly stepped into the room, ruffling his hair a little in embarrassment. "I forgot the hotel keys and went to check on the car."

"At 5 AM?" I blinked.

He shrugged a little. "We really should get out of here," he told me. "We're already a little behind schedule anyways."

I didn't miss the way he was avoiding eye-contact. "I know you said you wanted to leave here first thing in the morning, but I didn't even think the workshop was going to be open at such an early hour," I couldn't help but remark.

"Workshop?" His brows furrowed before his eyes quickly widened. "Ah, right. Well, money can go a long way to get the car finished as quickly as possible."

I paused and looked more closely at Jungkook. He couldn't possibly have gotten confused or forgotten about the car being in the workshop. An uneasy feeling was starting to grow on me.

"So," I said slowly, trying to casually walk towards the bedroom of the suite. "The workshop fixed the tires and lights then, right?"

It was a test.

"Of course they did," the Jungkook who I was highly beginning to doubt was really Jungkook grinned confidently.

That did it.

In a flash I grabbed the digital clock by the tableside near me. Without hesitating, I wrenched it off, cord and all, and brought it hard across his head.

In seconds he fell down onto the floor, groaning slightly, before he stilled. Lights out, baby.

Something in me screamed at me for even hurting Jungkook, especially when a trickle of blood appeared down the side of his head. The other part of me shrieked back that it wasn't Jungkook.

I knew something had been off the moment he'd entered the hotel room. Nothing was adding up.

Dropping the clock, I whirled around and kicked the door into the bedroom open like the SWAT team. "JEON JUNGKOOK!" I roared, leaping onto the bed and consequently a figure under the covers.

"MPH!" A muffled yowl of shock came from under the blankets.

"Wake up Seagull!" I slapped the wriggling body under me harshly.

"Dammit Agent Love, what the hell?" A bleary-eyed, spiky-haired Jungkook poked his head above the covers in shock. "That hurt!"

"What's my favorite food?" I demanded. First thing's first, I had to ensure this was in fact the real Jungkook. "Answer me Kook!"