15

Everyone stared at Profeesor Adler as she entered the great hall for breakfast

Everyone stared at Profeesor Adler as she entered the great hall for breakfast. The chattering of students silenced immediately. They all blinked up at her walking figure. Her footsteps loud and let off a small echo between the stone walls.

Eleanor chose to ignore the silence, instead she replaced it with the direct focus of getting to the high table where Hagrid gave her a reasuring smile. She took one step at a time, counting each footstep till she got to the table. She did not want the attention she was getting. Not at all. Her heart beated three times fast at the quietness around the grand room. She could hear herself breathe. She was sure everyone could hear her breathe. Soon Dumbledore cleared his throat causing all the students to regain their conversations and loud chattering.

She still felt tention on her even if eyes didn't look directly at her, she felt like a fool. A fool for making such a scene in front of her students.

Still the woman looked oddly sick, like she had woken up from a long night of drinking. Her hair lazily put half up and makeup she put on last minute.

"Alright ma'am?" Asked Professor flitwick to her left. She gave him a small nod and smile. Stuffing her mouth of jammed toast.

"Glad to see she's eating." Comments Hermione as the trio nods their heads in agreement.

Harry looked up to the high table, his eyes fixed on the Professor who looked close to a corpse. "You think she's going to be okay?" Asked Concerned Harry to his friends.

Hermione messed around with her fair portion of eggs on her plate, "Its the aftermath of whatever potion Pomfrey had given her. It makes her feel better for a moment, but the sickness catches up to you once you've drank it."

"How come you know so much?" Questioned Ron to Hermione who rolled her eyes.

At this time Harry had also noticed how Snape and Quirrell were not at the table. Harry's suspicions tingled as he excused himself from the breakfast table and snuck off to see were the two had gone.

Walking silently in the dungeon halls, Harry recognized a figure's prowling walk. Snape, sneaking around the dungeons while everyone was at breakfast was a red flag to Harry.

Harry waited until Snape turned down the hall with his cloak flying behind him to finally catch up with the man who was supposably stealing the stone. He sneaked against the stone wall until he heard voices.

At the beginning of a narrow hallway, stood Snape, but he wasn't alone. Quirrell was there too and his back was pressed against the wall cowardly.

"...d-dont know what you mean, s-severus."

"Oh, I think you know exactly why," said Snape, his voice icy and brought it wand to the throat of the dark Arts teacher. "Recall this?" He asked referring the the threat he gave to Quirrell on the night of Christmas before they were interrupted by filch and his bloody cat.

Quirrell was stuttering worse than ever and than he mumbled something, but Severus digged his wand deeper into his pulse. Quirrell swallowed.

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell." Said Snape, taking a step closer. "Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrids yet?" Quirrell stuttered a bit shaking his head.

"..I- dont know what you mean.." Quirrell replied

Snape backed away looking at Quirrell like a worthless worm. "Pathetic." Said Snape

Another pair of footsteps could be heard from the end of the hall were two Professors had been. Harry pressed himself further into the wall than heard another voice.

"Severus!" Said the voice that belonged to Professor Mcgonagall. Harry smirked, hoping the transfiguration teacher had caught Snape in the act. "I need your help, Finnigan let loose a devilish pixie in the great hall!"

After hearing that Harry frowned glaring to the hall where Snape replied with an irritated groan. Turning to Quirrell with scowl and walked away with Mcgonagall who acted as if she didn't see what she seen.

Harry had news for his friends, in his head Snape was trying to use Quirrell to help him get to the stone. It finally made sense to him, but before Harry could turn around completely he bumped into a figure, Harry jumped falling to his knees than realized it was Professor Adler that stood over him. Her arms crossed and a small smirk on her face.

"Hello down there." She whispered leaning down to extend her hand which Harry took immediately.

"Hi." Said Harry, his voice shy.

"What are you doing in the dungeons? Did you forget there was no class today?" Eleanor recalled it being the weekend at Hogwarts. Harry took this time to swiftly take a look over the wall to see if Quirrell was still there, but in fact he was not.

"Sorry Professor." Said Harry

"Sorry for what?" Asked his teacher

"Nothing." Harry replied awkwardly and realized what he replied with was awkward. "How are you feeling?"

Eleanor gave him a smile, one of her contagious closed mouth smiles which made Harry grin as well. "Getting better." She replied with and began walking with Harry away from the dungeons.

"Professor, may I ask you something?"

Eleanor raised her eyebrow to the boy, "You just did, but go on." She teased.

Harry took a moment to gather all of his thoughts into one. "I live with people, they are technically my family, but they never treat me right. Apparently I have another aunt, I know she cares about me because she sent me gloves for Christmas, and I've never really gotten anything on Christmas before, but I just don't understand why she doesn't want to see me. She seems like the only relative I have, but I never seen her." Harry continued to walk, "I just want advice."

Eleanor listened to his words carefully, and in her head she constructed a careful reply by saying, "Some situations make it difficult for people to show who they really are Harry, but if she could, she would have taken you in a heart beat." She stopped to lean down and face Harry where they stood. "But you have loving relatives all around you. You are radiated with love. You may not see or hear them." Eleanor places Harry's hand over his chest. "But they are always with you."

Harry hadn't any words to say, he answered her with a nod and Eleanor had wrapped her arms around a suprised Harry, but he sank into the given hug.