39

Harry Styles

Vicky and I had been in her room the whole day, confessing our love, making love, talking about our hobbies, our lives, and whispering sweet nothings to each other. We had a show today, and surely one would think that she should be practicing and I should be making arrangements at the club, but today was about us and she would be glowing for tonight's appearance - making her even more desireable. Her head was resting on my bare chest while I was reading a book. Yes, I was reading a book and I am just as surprised as you are.

After a few minutes I was flipping the page again. Vicky examined me as I licked the tip of my index finger, wetting it before sliding it across the page to turn it. I knew she could hear my heartbeat pounding against her ear, increasing slightly at the thought of her watching me. Her hand was resting firmly on my stomach and I made soft pattern with my index finger on the exposed skin of her shoulder blade. She pressed her lips softly against my warm and sensitive skin before laying back in the old position.

I couldn't help but think of how nice it was to wake up to someone. Soft, warm kisses being pressed on my face, breakfast in bed - instead of being awoken by a blaring alarm clock. It was a nice reprieve from life to wake up with Vicky's tiny body sprawled across my own. This won't last though - tomorrow I'll wake up to the noise of my blaring alarm clock. Vicky won't be laying next to me - all warm and soft - in my bed, and I will be making my own coffee - meaning my brewer will spit out a perfect latté in thirty seconds flat. There will not be a kiss placed on my mouth when I am there, nor a little one behind my ear. Now that Vicky knows how I feel, and we've taken this step, I can't fathom the thought of not being with her.

''Tomorrow I am taking you out for dinner,'' I suddenly spoke. She lifted her head from my body and looked at me. My eyes were frequently focused on the text that was printed in the book. ''It will be a nice and fancy restaurant, so wear something formal.'' I added. Vicky just simply nodded, and placed a light kiss against the corner of my mouth.

''You don't have to take me out,'' Vicky said. ''It doesn't need to be fancy nor expensive.''

''But I want to,'' I objected and closed the book. ''You deserve it Vicks. You'll be great tonight, and I wanna take you out.''

''That's alright,'' She said while shimmying under the covers to get more comfortable. She heard me placing the book I was reading on the night stand. I got under the covers before wrapping an arm around her body and pulling her closer against my chest. ''How late are we going to the Moulin Rouge?'' Vicky asked me.

''It is three now, and we need to be at there for five.'' I informed her nicely.

''Should I make some breakfast for us then? - or lunch?'' Vicky questioned me.

''I never say no to food, babe.''

..

My hand rested on her lower back as we made our way to the club. I enjoyed the food that Vicky had made for me, but I knew work was waiting on us. I laughed a little when I seen a reflection of us walking together in one of the shop windows - she hated me so much in the beginning that I certainly never thought we'd be walking side by side down the street. A smirk was on my face when we walked through the doors to the club, I liked that everyone stared - I was proud to be with Vicky.

When we walked past a group of cleaners - composed completely of men - I slipped my arm further around Vicks' waist, and pulled her closer to my side in a pathetic attempt to lay claim to her.

In the dressing rooms, the costumes were arranged neatly on racks beside each performer's vanity. They were all ways in sequential order so they could come off stage and change quickly. There were back-up costumes arranged, by size, on a rack in the corner of the room - so if any girl tore her costume or gained a few pounds, she would always have something to wear. A special costume, stuffed neatly in the back of the rack, was waiting for Vicky. I had Andrea create a show-stopping piece for her while she was injured - sort of like a 'welcome back' gift.