Chapter 3 - It was a Pleasure to Meet you

After going on every ride, at least seven times each, we finally made our way back to the front office were we first met. Everyone was absolutely pooped. These two kids had more energy than powerade.

The whole way to the office we laughed. Yes laughed. After countless screams, arguments and tears, I had finally warmed up to almost every single guard, so much that I knew them all by name. Even the triplets.

The guard that was rude to me, and still is, is Aaron. The golden haired monster doesn't like me in the slightest. Which I am finding really hard to believe. Who wouldn't like someone to take your babysitting job and let you have fun. However, he didn't have fun, he made sure to tell me, every single time I mentioned or suggested a course that was fun. He didn't even smile.

Next we have Alejandro. This guy is a flirt once you get to know him. Whenever we were on a course, he was either behind me or next to me complimenting me. Whether it be my face or my backside, he would constantly say how amazing a feature of me is. Or just classic pickup lines.  

The triplets were probably my favourite out of all the guards. There was Jason, Evan and Tyler. I didn't really understand why they chose the profession of guards when they are either scared of everything, or find any small thing cute. Example. Jason picked up a pebble and thought it was the cutest thing he has ever seen. Did I forget to mention they are childish?

The others were also all children at heart. Sal, Sammy and Kyle were best friends. They told stories of their childhood together and I couldn't help but notice the sparkle in their eyes as they talked of their memories.

Fletcher was the funniest, constantly saying random things whilst he was airborne. It was cute in a way, that was unless you were stuck with him on a course 50 meters up from the ground and he curled into a small ball.

And the troublesome five, as I call them. Brazen, Diesel, Raiden, Rekker and Stryker. Constantly wandering off like children and then returning with something random, or coming back and scaring everyone.

When we finally arrived, I went to the desk and signed every off and helped them get out of there harnesses, which they were getting a wedgie from. At least that's what Fletcher said when I was helping him.

"Alright, and you guys are set to go. I hope you enjoyed spending time with me." I said finishing off the last bit of paperwork. A choruses of thanks went around but they all stopped when Kendall ran and attached herself to my legs.

"But, I don't want to leave yet." Kendall sobbed and my heart broke. I hated seeing children cry, I want them to smile and enjoy life while they were children. I bent down and wrapped my arms around her small frame and comforted her in the best way I could.

"Don't cry Kendall. You can come back anytime you want." I whisper in her ear

"You promise?" She said pulling away from me and held out her pinky.

"Promise" I say with a smile wrapping my pinky finger around hers. She gives me another quick hug and walks back to Axel whose arms were wide open ready to comfort her. I am so going to that wedding.

I stand up and brush off the dust on my knees and face the guards who were standing watching me in awe.

"What?" I asked the gaping giants.

"How did you do that? We can never stop tears like that, and Axel has never remained calm while someone else was hugging Kendall. Even her own mother." Jason says still gaping like a fish.

"I'm good with kids." I reply shrugging my shoulders.

***

I don't know how long I spoke with everyone, except Aaron, but it was already dark when we were saying our goodbyes. I hugged both Kendall and Axel Goodbye and shook hands with the rest. Even Aaron.

"Even if I don't really like you, it was a pleasure to meet you." Aaron said with an unpleasant expression.

"You were forced to say that weren't you." I said

"Yep" He replied before walking towards the ten black SUV's. Why do people really need ten cars? Shouldn't two suffice? Apparently not.

It wasn't until the door on the middle SUV closed did I see the royal crest stuck to the door. It was then did it click. The guards. Two kids, no more, the cars, the expression. They were royal guards. Sent to guard Axel. Prince Axel.

I felt absolutely petrified that I forgot who they were. I didn't even recognise the Prince. Maybe I should listen to Cleo when she says watch the news every once and awhile.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when a hand started waving in my face. I turn my head to see the one and only Mr Rogers.

"So how was the job?" He asked

"It was good. Other then the fact that it was supposed to be your job!" I said raising my voice towards the end. With that, he took off running towards his car, leaving me to pack up and clean up the park.

I let out a sigh and walk through the now deserted car park, the only light was emitting from the moon and lamp. The perfect clash of nature and industrialisation.

The next chapter will be in Silas POV.
I don't care if you forgot him or you do t want it that way.

Ily
~Eloise ❤️