episode 26: dead men tell no tales

💎

"So this is Irene," Jennie said as she gestured the brunette beside her. She's currently inside Lisa's office at the 97--he future sister-in-law's up and coming game development company. "She's very reliable and she knows her way around. If only I had a choice I wouldn't hand her over to you."

Lisa folded her arms as she turn to the beautiful girl beside her unnie. Had Jennie not introduced her as her former secretary, the now jet black haired CEO would have thought she's actually the female model the boys hired to promote their launch. She had porcelain skin, a well-defined nose and soft, innocent smile. But her eyes... Her eyes seemed dead. Her brown orbs looked like a deep abyss of nothingness that oddly looked familiar.

"If she's really good as what you say she is, then she's hired," the young boss said as she took her hands out of her pocket to shake the newly hired secretary's hand. "Welcome to The 97."

Irene smiled as she took her new boss' hand and bowed.

"I'm looking forward to working with you, CEO Jeon," she said smiling--too formal to be honest.

With this, Lalisa Jeon turned to DK, who's actually the head of marketing and HR.

"Show her around for me, DK," she said sounding more of a favor rather than an order. "But no hitting on her, okay? And tell the boys to pipe down. I can hear their heavy breathing from here."

The dark-haired male chuckled before nodding.

"It's not every day we get a female member in this company," he defended before turning towards the new employee. "They're all fine men. No need to worry."

"As long as they don't open their mouths, I'm sure they won't be a problem. To me, at least," she retorted shocking the VP. She just shot him an innocent smile that almost made the female CEO burst out laughing.

As the two walked out of the room to start Irene's official first day as the CEO's new secretary, Lisa couldn't help herself but turn to Jennie.

"I like her," she said nonchalantly.

"Why, because she has a sharp tongue too?"

"I prefer the term, she has a way with words," she corrected. "But on a serious note, are you really serious about selling Park Holding to YK? I can talk to my brothers if either one is forcing you."

"Li, you and I both know how hard it is to run a company," she said sitting on the couch inside her quaint office. "Park Holdings isn't doing good these past few years and the only thing I can do to save it and its employees is if we go under YK. Plus, you know I only stepped in as CEO because my parents force me to. You know that my dream had always been designing so I'm planning to put up my own brand. And Taehyung said he'd help me out as long as it makes me happy."

The younger pursed her lips into a thin line before letting out a sigh. It's true that it was a risky move on Jennie's part but that's the thing in life. You have to take risks in order to succeed.

"Well, as long as you're happy, I'm sure you'll do well," she assured making the brunette smile and engulf her into a tight hug.

"Thanks Li. And thank you for hiring Irene. I won't feel comfortable if I leave her with those dirty old men in Park Holdings. She's quite popular."