seventeen! ⋆ SO, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY

( songs for the chapter )⋆ shout at the devil // mötley crüe⋆ girls on film  // duran duran

⋆ shout at the devil // mötley crüe
⋆ girls on film  // duran duran

( songs for the chapter )⋆ shout at the devil // mötley crüe⋆ girls on film  // duran duran

KATE DIDN'T HAVE PANTS ON, and her legs were freezing. She went to Tina's party despite her dad's wishes, and ended up going as Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's. She wore an over-sized, white button up paired with the ornate sleeping mask. Her hair was down and her legs were bare and she was slowly regretting her choice of costume.

She stood off in a corner by herself. The energy to socialise drained out of her the second she stepped into the mansion, but she'd put far too much effort into her look to go home before ten o'clock. She wasn't drinking either, which made the situation so much better. Instead, Kate was nursing a bottle of water she'd taken from Tina's fridge.

Suddenly, someone snatched the drink from her hand. Her head snapped in the direction of the culprit, and saw Steve with a horribly drunk Nancy behind him.

"Steve," Kate sighed reaching for the bottle, but he just held it further back from her reach.

"Kate," he mimicked her tone. "It's halloween. We're at the biggest party of the year. Let loose a little."

He handed her a red solo cup, filled with bright red punch. Despite her morals, she took the beverage from his hand and took a generous sip from it.

She gagged almost as soon as the sorry excuse for punch hit her tongue. Kate shoved the cup back at Steve who laughed at her reaction, handing her the bottled water. She unscrewed the lid and chugged what was left in the plastic container.

A chant began to fill her ears. It started with everyone outside, before it trickled in over the music. "Billy! Billy! Billy!"

"That's how you do it, Hawkins!" Kate heard him shout from across the house. "That's how you do it!"

Soon, Tommy and the blonde were walking toward the group in the corner. "We've got ourselves a new Keg King, Harrington!"

Instead of retaliating, like Kate knew Steve desperately wanted to, he followed Nancy away from the group and back toward the 'punch' bowl – which was a terrible idea for the girl. At this point, she was far past being just drunk.