2

i looked up to the person who i had bumped into and my eyes widened and i gasped. "mike?" i said

the boy in front of me was just as shocked as i was and he said "w-will what are you doing here? why are you here?" i scrunched up my eyebrows and replied "what, are you not happy to see me?" i mumbled and slightly smiled

"no-no i am i just-" he started before he embraced me into a hug. i smiled, hugging him back. this felt right. hugging mike was like i was finally home. his larger frame engulfed my smaller one tighter and i felt amazing. while in his arms, i was assured that i was still wanted. i was assured that nothing had changed while i was gone.

we both pulled away at the same time and we just stood there staring at eachother for a minute and eventually i said "its great to see you, mike"

"will i missed you so fucking much." he said, eith a sad look on his face "we all tried to call you every day for like 3 months but you never answered so we just assumed that you moved on to a new group of friends and you were ignoring us"

"no no i would never do that" i said reassuringly "i actually thought that you guys did the same to me" he chuckled "i called everyday, you know?" i said

"i guess the calls just didnt go through." mike frowned "yeah i guess" i said "but anyways i gotta go sit down"

"wait! we need to talk later!" mike exclaimed. "we have.. a lot to catch up on. so much has happened and i want to keep you in the loop. everyone is coming to my house tonight, you should come and we can all catch up"

"yeah, for sure" i smiled "ill see you later" he said as he walked out of the room. i sat in my desk and put my head in my hands. so much was going on.

i wonder if everyone else missed me or if theyre even interested in being my friend again. before i knew it, the bell had rung and it was time to go to second block. i walked into the hallway and looked at all of the familiar faces passing by. they all looked older way older.

i wasnt very good in larger crowds so i just froze. i couldnt move and i couldnt speak. i was just trapped in my own thoughts.

all of the sudden, the room went dark. the rmergency lights flickered above me and everyone around me disappeared. moss hung lowly on the walls and small pieces of debris floated around in the air. i was filled with the cold and dark feeling once again.

i thought this was over. i thought the mind flayer was dead. i thought the gate was closed. i remained standing, letting a single  tear fall from my eye while memories from the past flooded my mind. i cant let this happn to me again. i cant be in this vulnerable position. i fell to the ground, holding my head and crying. "no!" i yelled

i squeezed my eyes shut and squeezed my fists together. "LEAVE ME ALONE"

in a blink of an eye, everything was back to normal. i the cold feeling went away and the air was less stuffy. when i opened my eyes, the scenery was different, it looked like i was in the nurses office. my eyes fluttered open and it felt as if someone was holding my hand.

i looked over to see a girl who looked like she had been crying. she was beautiful. she had dark brown hair, it almost looked black with large framed glasses. i squeezed her hand and she looked over at me. "w-will you're awake!" she exclaimed